[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board Leagues

DMD

I'm kinda wondering why OGLETREE is allowed to count for this weeks games when he was drafted AFTER Wednesdays game. No worries, just kinda odd is all.

Why not? Its standard in the big money leagues that draft after the first game

I'm kinda wondering why OGLETREE is allowed to count for this weeks games when he was drafted AFTER Wednesdays game. No worries, just kinda odd is all.

In all honesty, I thought the IDP was a mock draft only, I didn't know this was an actual league but I am pretty new to the site. That said, I drafted him many rounds after the game (23.09), about where his value was. I also drafted only one kicker not knowing any better.

Oh well, you are right ,no biggie. Not sure if anyone can even take away the points from him or who drafted their kicker or any Giants but I certainly have no issues.

That said it was a fun draft and most of my selected players performed well in week 1. The message board league concept is a great touch to a great site. I have playing IDP for years and it is nice to find a site that offers this and has members that know the IDP side of the game.

Edited by Ice1

How many people didn't draft Ogletree but had the chance? The alternative wasn't a good one since there were too many rounds left in the draft.

Lots, I took Mark Barron during the game at 18.04 (pick 172). Thursday night I took Ogletree at 23.09 (pick 229) 6 picks later at 10:44 PM EST. The game was Wednesday and to the leagues credit, no one jumped all over him.

On a side note Claiborne, Blackburn, & Rolle all went after the game and before Ogletree.

Edited by Ice1

Thanks! Was not going to be pretty with 4 WRs rostered and needing to start 3 with bye weeks coming...

You still need to start 3 WRs. A starting position was added, not swapped out. It was supposed to be 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex but the flex wasn't put in there until now. So, you still need to start 3 WRs every week. Edited by detlef

Weird...if you look at the starting lineups it currently shows that it inserted last week's lineup. Guess it calculates up everything after the games have concluded.

Yes it does. Basically, ignore the Live Scoring deal, because it's pointless in this league.

Weird...if you look at the starting lineups it currently shows that it inserted last week's lineup. Guess it calculates up everything after the games have concluded.

strange, it was fine yesterday/last night.

although i was using the gameday program.

Edited by BillyBalata

Just got home and opened the MFL GameDay program and all the scoring there is up to date. has to be some button that isn't pushed right yet on the league site.

The only way that I get the gameday to show the actual points that I scored is when I use the gameday app from Eggplant Apps LLC on my phone. I have to select the Optimal button on the bottom to get the actual points. I also have Ken Pespisa's version of the MFL App and that doesn't have the optimal bar on the bottom. The gameday program on my PC places a random lineup to look at.

I think the MFL site is programmed to update after all games are played after the MNF game. Some leagues update overnight after any game was played. Maybe changing that option would help a little.

Edited by MikesVikes

Gameday works fine and shows the correct scoring...got to believe it's just a software switch in the commish settings. Obvious that it's got the correct number of starters in there and it's set to use the best scores within the roster limits. It's probably either or both the 'Allow Owners to Submit Lineups' switch in the Franchise Abilities is turned on for each team and/or the 'Use last week's lineup if no other lineup is submitted' switch is on as well.

Gameday works fine and shows the correct scoring...got to believe it's just a software switch in the commish settings. Obvious that it's got the correct number of starters in there and it's set to use the best scores within the roster limits. It's probably either or both the 'Allow Owners to Submit Lineups' switch in the Franchise Abilities is turned on for each team and/or the 'Use last week's lineup if no other lineup is submitted' switch is on as well.

Agree with this as it worked fine in week 1 - i.e. it updated my starters as different guys put up better stats.

Yes it does. Basically, ignore the Live Scoring deal, because it's pointless in this league.

It's not really any different than a league where you have guys not yet going. If your opponent has 120 and you have 80 but a QB RB and TE all playing in the Sunday/Monday games that's the same thing as you show a "full" lineup but have "bench" players that haven't gone yet. It's just a matter of training your eyes where to look, rather than just looking at starting lineups for blanks.

Maybe you don't have the toggle to show the bench players? There's a check box that says "Starters Only" along the top - make sure that's not checked.

Edited by flemingd

It's not really any different than a league where you have guys not yet going. If your opponent has 120 and you have 80 but a QB RB and TE all playing in the Sunday/Monday games that's the same thing as you show a "full" lineup but have "bench" players that haven't gone yet. It's just a matter of training your eyes where to look, rather than just looking at starting lineups for blanks.

Maybe you don't have the toggle to show the bench players? There's a check box that says "Starters Only" along the top - make sure that's not checked.

I can't find that. Mind you, I'm on a Mac so I can't use the MFL Gameday thingy that everyone is talking about.

I can't find that. Mind you, I'm on a Mac so I can't use the MFL Gameday thingy that everyone is talking about.

Ah, I gotcha, yeah I have no insight on the Live Scoring page, never use it. Gameday program shows "best lineup" and adjusts it in real time as players get surpassed.