[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ABradshaw & David Wilson

Capt. Stanky

I doubt I'm the only one who was really impressed with David Wilson last Friday evening. Even before that game he was probably the #2 rookie RB, behind Trent Richardson, based on talent alone, IMO. What really impressed me about this kid coming out is his heart and sheer will to succeed. furthermore, anyone who watched him extensively in college had to come away really impressed with the kids balance. He showcased some of that balance on Friday night. With Bradshaw's bevy of foot and ankle ailments over the years, it seems like it's not if but when David Wilson takes hold of the starting job. What does everyone else think about this potentially enticing starting RB spot?

Even before that game he was probably the #2 rookie RB, behind Trent Richardson, based on talent alone, IMO.

Of course Martin is the more enticing option, but that is due to his situation, not based on pure talent. I personally think David Wilson is the more talented of the two. Truthfully, Martin's college game tape is just harder to evaluate because he played in the spread.

Edited by Capt. Stanky
  • Like 1

I started a thread about this the other day.

I have started to "reach" a bit for this guy. I love what he brings to the game and when trying to get RB's in different situations, I love his. Bradshaw's history says that someone with ability can put numbers. Looks like staff wants to give this guy the chance.

I got them both in my deep keeper draft over the weekend. I took Bradshaw, I was kind of surprised he was still out there, just because I am really impressed with Wilson. The one thing that concerns me is that there's so much fight in this dog that he could breakdown easily, much like Bradshaw himself, just with more natural talent.

The Giants haven't had a dynamic runner like Wilson since Tiki. Assuming he's not a liability in pass protection and can learn the playbook, I can't imagine him not having a significant role in the offense. My expectations are tempered a bit because of his size and because rookies rarely make a hugh splash in the NFL anymore, but I'm excited to watch him play. I think he would have to play like Barry Sanders for Coughlin to take the starting job from a veteran, but Bradshaw does get nicked up and isn't getting any younger.

Here's the Youtube vid that really showcases what DWilson is capable of. I especially like his fire in the lockeroom. That's the kind of player you want on your team.

(type some text, highlight it, then press the hyperlink button and past in your youtube link)

Is Tom Coughlin the kind of guy that displaces a veteran for a rookie, assuming the veteran is healthy and playing well enough? Wilson might be exciting and maybe even play better than Bradshaw, but he would have to be all-world or Bradshaw would have to get fumbilitis or suck in order for Wilson to take his job. You can't count on injuries happening. Still, he's as good a late round flier as anyone. I'd rather take my chances with a Ryan Williams in the 10th round though because Ryan Williams most definitely has a shot to earn the starting job over Beanie. I just don't know that Wilson legitimately has that shot.

Is Tom Coughlin the kind of guy that displaces a veteran for a rookie, assuming the veteran is healthy and playing well enough? Wilson might be exciting and maybe even play better than Bradshaw, but he would have to be all-world or Bradshaw would have to get fumbilitis or suck in order for Wilson to take his job. You can't count on injuries happening. Still, he's as good a late round flier as anyone. I'd rather take my chances with a Ryan Williams in the 10th round though because Ryan Williams most definitely has a shot to earn the starting job over Beanie. I just don't know that Wilson legitimately has that shot.

I agree with what you are saying for the most part, but the situation is so much better for NYG, IMO. Yes, it's going to take an injury for Wilson to be anything more than a flex option, but with Bradshaw's history I almost expect it. Even if Williams wins the job in ARI it's still ARI.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Looking at Bradshaw's numbers over the past few seasons, and assuming he misses about 4 games again, I can see the two backs ending up with very similar numbers. Say 1000 total yards and 6-8 TDs each. Wilson probably racks up a good percentage of that on a few big plays. For a rookie RB, damn respectable numbers.

I'm sure Bradshaw sees the writing on the wall and will be extra motivated to stay healthy and play through pain, so I'm not going to just assume the rookie blows him out of the water the first year. Also Wilson has a very physical running style for a small back, and rookies often get gassed around game 10-12 because they're not used to a longer season.

To think Wilson will explode into something more than a low-end RB2/flex is to assume Bradshaw misses a significant amount of time, and/or Wilson is the best rookie back to come along in several years. Recent history is not on his side. But, I like him a lot for those handful of games that Bradshaw will inevitably miss. Great depth to have on your roster.

I agree with what you are saying for the most part, but the situation is so much better for NYG, IMO. Yes, it's going to take an injury for Wilson to be anything more than a flex option, but with Bradshaw's history I almost expect it. Even if Williams wins the job in ARI it's still ARI.

Jacksonville sucks too, but MJD has proven to rise above that. I'm not saying Ryan Williams will, but dismissing Ryan Wiliams simply because of the crappy team he plays on is misguided IMO.

If Bradshaw stays healthy, Wilson probably won't see more than 10-12 touches a game as a complement. If he puts up AP type rookie numbers, that would make him a flex easily. More likely he is hit or miss. Let's also not forget that the Giants were dead last running the ball last year too. That is bound to change, but still a reminder that this offense is really run through Eli and not the RBs.

Jacksonville sucks too, but MJD has proven to rise above that. I'm not saying Ryan Williams will, but dismissing Ryan Wiliams simply because of the crappy team he plays on is misguided IMO.

If Bradshaw stays healthy, Wilson probably won't see more than 10-12 touches a game as a complement. If he puts up AP type rookie numbers, that would make him a flex easily. More likely he is hit or miss. Let's also not forget that the Giants were dead last running the ball last year too. That is bound to change, but still a reminder that this offense is really run through Eli and not the RBs.

First, Jax and MJD are the exception, not the rule, so to bring that up at all is reaching for stars in IMO. Also, I am not dismissing Ryan Williams, in fact I have him on the very same team that I drafted Bradshaw and Wilson. All I am saying is a better team typically equates to more scoring opportunities, so all things being even, I like the NYG RB's upside more than the ARI upside.

Edited by Capt. Stanky