[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions GM Mayhew has been calling other teams in search of a RB

v0dka

CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora reports Lions GM Martin Mayhew has been calling other teams in search of a running back.

This report suggests not only that the organization is aiming higher than free agent Ryan Grant, but also that Kevin Smith's ankle injury could end up leaving his status up in the air for the season opener. Saints power back Chris Ivory makes a lot of sense; he's fourth on the depth chart, and undrafted rookie Travaris Cadet has impressed in preseason action.

Chris Ivory would be a good one. Problem is why would you want to make the Lions better if in the NFC and what good would it do for the Saints to trade an inexpensive yet good player to a competitor? It is not like Detroit is dangling a 2nd rounder out there ...

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Chris Ivory would be a good one. Problem is why would you want to make the Lions better if in the NFC and what good would it do for the Saints to trade an inexpensive yet good player to a competitor? It is not like Detroit is dangling a 2nd rounder out there ...

If they're consider he and Cadet close in terms of value for what they bring to the team then it would make perfect sense to trade one and get something instead of flat cutting them.

As a guy who recently drafted KSmith in my main league before this injury, admittedly with tempered expectations, this makes me ill.

Please remind me why this was a good idea? :bash:

All I wanted was for him to show up healthy for St Louis!