[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwayne Harris or Kevin Ogletree?

ChampSampson

Ogletree runs his routes, well, but he cannot catch. Harris is a young speedster who is impressing the coaches. All of the local media is tired of Ogletree dropping his passes. He does not make all the catches he should.

Your question is basically, who steps up if Miles or Dez is out of the game? My answer would be Harris. Not from a total snap count perspective, but because of his big play ability. Ogletree won't get the big play in this scenario. I could see Harris filling in the slot when both Miles and Dez are healthy, too. I can also see Harris coming in the game when the Cowboys are behind in the 4th Q.

It's like deja vu all over again from last year...only it was questions whether Robinson was worth grabbing or not.

The 3rd receiver on the Cowboys is obviously worthy of fantasy value...so grab him while you can as he should be a hot commodity come next week in free agency.

• Like 1

Does Ogletree ever run his routes! He schooled Webster, a starting CB with a couple rings on his fingers, on several plays tonight. Can this really be that much of a fluke, with a semi-healthy Dez and Austin in the lineup? Hmmm....

I mean, I know he has his limitations; he doesn't seem to have much in the way of top-end speed, and it remains to be seen as to whether he can make the tough catch in traffic... but he did look fantastic tonight, IMO.

Not saying he can keep it up... but someone has to make up for part of Laurent Robinson's 11 TDs last season, no?

You ask any Cowboy fan from the last two years and they would all tell you the same thing, Ogletree has always had a problem catching the ball (see Howboutthemcowboys post in this thread). Boy am I glad he caught the ball last night!!!

Last year, MIles was hurt and Robinson stepped up, bigtime. This year, Ogletree has that role, as long as he catches the ball. Ogletree is off the a fantastic start, but temper your expectations, soon Miles and Witten will be 100% and will be a goaline threats. We (Cowboy fans) have been through this before with Ogletree, he flashes brilliance then gets the dropsies and dissappoints (he had several drops on easy catches as recent as this preseason). I say he is worth a pick-up, but don't be suprised if he has many games where he does nothing.