[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

surprise cuts

Kris N

nothing shanahan does ever "surprises" me but hightower seemed to be in the mix again. now there are rumors of trading for slaton (dolphins would get Anthony Armstrong)

bellicheck is another one that should never surprise us but hoyer, branch and koppen are shockers to me. i'm thinking hoyer and branch wont last long on the market. Arizona could be a nice landing spot for Hoyer and I know we could use him in Miami for a quality backup/possible starter if Tannehill needs a break since Moore is bad and Garrard is banged up.

Any other suprise cuts so far?

No real big surprised here in Cleveland. I don't think the cuts are official but from a news story I just read (quoting info from experts like Schefter), the folloing players will be cut

Seneca Wallace - McCoy cements the backup QB spot, with Thaddeus Lewis being kept as a development project (I guess nobody wanted to trade for McCoy or were not offering enough)

SS David Sims - not familiar with him

TE Dan Gronkowski. and Evan Moore - didn't see much of the lesser Gronk, and Moore has really fallen down the TE order from a couple of years ago.

I think they'll be trying to keep some extra LB (even if only practice squad) because of injuries/suspension to Gocong (out for season), Johnson (just hurt last night) and Fujita (still likely to miss first 3 games or some later games).

I think we're a little week at CB and might go after Joselio Hanson

i was also a litle surprised at the Eagles letting McNutt go. He was really good at Iowa and I thought his size would help him make the squad in Philly since most of the WR there are smallish. Could have been a good red zone guy but must not have been fast enough (was always the knock on him in the big ten)

evan moore wasnt a big surprise but i like it cuz now my stash of Jordan Cameron was worth the $1 bid that I spent on him.

SEA cut 4 young WRs - Butler, Kearse, Durham and Lockette. Lockette was a personal favorite of mine and I'm hoping he catches on somewhere. I sure figured either Lockette or Durham would stick for sure. Ought to be interesting to see if any other teams show interest in any of these guys. Can't help but think at least one of them will end up being a productive NFL WR.

I thought Johnny White was the heir apparent to Fred Jackson, but BUF elected to keep Choice instead.

Some rookies cut who will surely end up on Practice squads - like Copeland with GB and Ganaway with the Jets.

Grigson is a former Eagle and the Colts need depth at corner - with the #1 wire pick, he's certainly an option.

Possibly, but the Colts have made multiple moves at CB . . . at this point they really need offensive line help with the first waiver wire acquisition.

Not a fantasy impact, but I was surprised the Rams cut Kellen Clemens. He was pretty good as backups go. That said, the rookie looked good in preseason, soooooo

Some rookies cut who will surely end up on Practice squads - like Copeland with GB and Ganaway with the Jets.

Ganaway claimed by the Rams. He's obviously not Steven Jackson, but he has a similar MO - big, agile between the tackles, catches very well out of the backfield. Pretty good fit, especially since Pead has struggled to run the football and has left STL with pretty much Richardson between the tackles to spell/back up Jackson. Really a very good fit for him.