[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the Broncos' highest fantasy WR?

e5volcano

Been debating this in my head for some time now, especially when trades involve either Decker or D. Thomas.

Specifically for a non PPR league, I think Thomas will be better as Decker seems to be a Welker type player for Manning.

Though Decker did have those 2TDs in a preseason game, and everyone seems to be high on him.

Interesting note though from CBS:

But it really wasn't that big of a deal. Manning completed the same number of passes to both receivers in his one quarter of play. In fact, Thomas actually outgained Decker, 26 yards to 15. Decker's two looks just happened to come in the end zone.

In our draft last night, Thomas went 5.01 and I took Decker at 5.04 (12 team, ppr, redraft league). I was very happy to take Decker, as I think he's Peyton's go-to guy. Thomas has the edge on longer pass plays, but imo Decker's the one in ppr.

decker early on then by the last 6 weeks demaryius will come on strong. I think Demaryius needs a lot of time to mesh with peyton while Decker can prdouce right away. Trading for demaryius at FF trade deadline should be a shrewd move.

I have Thomas, but I got him before Manning was in the Picture.

I think Thomas is the more physically gifted of th etwo. Still, I see Decker at Manning's side constantly, talking, learning, listening. I see him running more route trees with Manning before the games and in practice. I have been to two functions where Maning was present and Decker was right there at his side each time. I think Decker gets themental part of this and the work part better than does Thomas. Because of that I think Decker will see more targets by about 2 per game. I don't think Thomas' athleticism is sufficient to make what will amount to only 80% of the targets Decker gets into more points. He really would have to optimise ever single target.

Agree that Thomas is more gifted. But he gets pushed off his routes way too easily by smaller CBs, doesn't understand sophisticated routing, loses concentration, and his strength is his deep speed - which right now is easily the weakest part of Manning's game. Decker fits what Manning can do best right now and is without question more reliable - on his routes, with his hands, and getting to the ball.

While I have to hesitantly agree with those who say Thomas is the more physically gifted of the two, Decker should not be shortchanged in that department. Don't confuse him with Wes Welker or Brandon Stokely just because he's white. Decker is 6'3", 218 lbs. He has the physical skills of a prototypical #1 receiver. He's big enough, fast enough, great hands and anybody that saw him play in college knows he has the ability to go up and get it, to win the one-on-one jump balls, corner fades, etc... Before he got hurt during his senior year there were plenty who saw him as the 3rd best WR in college football, behind only Dez Bryant and AJ Green.

He's not an elite NFL receiver yet, but if we're comparing his game to them he plays more like Larry Fitzgerald than Wes Welker.

And in case it wasn't implied enough in my dissertation, I like Decker over Thomas. :wink:

By seasons end Thomas will have accumulated more fantasy points than Decker, that's just my opinion. I think Decker will be hit or miss most weeks while Thomas's points will be far more consistent.

Crazy talk. Keep in mind that Decker was a very consistent and productive WR while Orton was QB. If he can be good under Orton, I think Decker can be great under Manning. Even an 80% healthy Manning will provide plenty of opportunities for Decker.

However, I don't expect Decker to completely blow away DT with catches and yardage. I think it will be fairly close and whichever one is picked should do well. I just think DT is the one that will be more inconsistent while Decker will be more consistent week to week.

Also keep in mind that I don't think Denver will be as pass heavy as most think. I believe they will try to run the ball more than Indy did. During the first 3rd of the season, Denver may even work to keep Mannings passing totals down some. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a pretty close 50-50 split between passing and rushing attempts early in the season until Manning gets his feet wet after being out for a year.

By seasons end Thomas will have accumulated more fantasy points than Decker, that's just my opinion. I think Decker will be hit or miss most weeks while Thomas's points will be far more consistent.

I think the exact opposite. Decker's route-running should make him a mroe consistnet target, while Thomas' homerun ability might make him more boom-or-bust.

And as was said above, if Manning is having trouble throwing a strong deep ball, that seems to tilt it in Decker's favor as well.

DT even with Tebow throwing the ball last year put up good numbers. I'd say DT has more upside this year but if your playing it safe go with Decker.

Of course, that could have simply been a function of DT being more adept to the sand-lot style of play that defined the Tebow era. That chight ain't gonna fly with Manning. You run exactly 15 yards in that direction and look over your left shoulder. No more, "I'm gonna run around for a few seconds and, either take off downfield or maybe throw the ball."

There's also the PPR factor.... in PPR I think its Decker by a wider margin. I'm happy to have DT as my #3 WR behind CJ and Fitz (all keepers) and don't really care if he is the #1 WR in DEN or not. I think with Manning there the #2 WR will still be a good WR2/3 option in fantasy scoring.