[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who else rolled the dice with Ryan Mathews

Grits and Shins

I can see all of us who drafted him posting in a future thread about how stupid we were because he missed at least 8 games with injuries.

I can see that... but I can also see a bunch of us posting in a future thread about who were the "keys to your season" talking about getting 12-14 games of top 5 RB production from a guy drafted in the 3rd,4th,5th,6th round.

I took him at 4.04 + 1 rd of keepers, so theoretically 44th overall, 16th RB off the board.

I broke my own rule about injury-prone players and drafted him in 3 of 3 pools so far (with 1 more draft tonight). I think the pre-season injury actually helped, in the sense that it lowered his ADP enough that the risk/reward became worth it. I would never have drafted him at the top 5 RB ADP that he was commanding in the summer, but as a 15-20 RB ADP the upside is too much to overlook.

I broke my own rule about injury-prone players and drafted him in 3 of 3 pools so far (with 1 more draft tonight). I think the pre-season injury actually helped, in the sense that it lowered his ADP enough that the risk/reward became worth it. I would never have drafted him at the top 5 RB ADP that he was commanding in the summer, but as a 15-20 RB ADP the upside is too much to overlook.

Its funny ... in my local league I've set a bad trend in the last several years ... I get off to a slow start and finish strong but not strong enough to make the playoffs. So this year I said to myself that I wasn't going to draft anybody that might have problems that would prevent me from starting them in the first 3 weeks or that I think might get off to a slow start (for whatever reason). But when pick 5.02 rolled around with Graham, Gronk, Gates, Hernandez, Davis and Finley already off the board I just couldn't pass on Witten. Then at 6.11 how could I pass on Ryan Mathews? I managed to get Gresham to back up for Witten and thought I had a solid backup for Mathews in Jennings but MJD ended his hold out too soon. Now I need to pick a Mathews backup from (Ronnie Brown, Dwyer and Ryan Williams ... presuming that I don't still roll with Jennings, at least for week 1).

I just traded for Mathews - gave up Reggie Bush, Malcolm Floyd and Mario Williams (10 team PPR with 1 mandatory DL slot).

I still have Julio, Harvin, Dez, Wayne and K Wright at WR. Sproles and Ahmad are my two main RB's (D Wilson, Tate and Jaquizz on the bench), we start 3WR/2RB/2 flex. There are still very decent DL's in the FA pool (Watt, Sheard, Dumervil, Tuck, Wake) I'll be pretty comfortable rolling with for a chance to have Mathews go boom on my team.

I just traded for Mathews - gave up Reggie Bush, Malcolm Floyd and Mario Williams (10 team PPR with 1 mandatory DL slot).

I still have Julio, Harvin, Dez, Wayne and K Wright at WR. Sproles and Ahmad are my two main RB's (D Wilson, Tate and Jaquizz on the bench), we start 3WR/2RB/2 flex. There are still very decent DL's in the FA pool (Watt, Sheard, Dumervil, Tuck, Wake) I'll be pretty comfortable rolling with for a chance to have Mathews go boom on my team.

New huh?