[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just can't help myself

rajncajn

Yeah ... he still defends that pick (SF).... but that is why his WRs look like this - DeSean Jackson, DHB, Malcom Floyd, Nate Washington, Brandon LaFell and Steve Smith (STL). In a PPR league that starts 3 to 4 WRs.

As I probably mentioned last week, we had an owner protect a D (HOU) as one of his 5 keepers, when he could have kept Matt Schaub instead (amongst other better players than a D). Not sure on his strategy, I'm sure he'll get a chance to explain it when people start harassing him at tonight's draft.

my observation from 5 drafts that the big5 QBs (Rodgers, Brady, Breese, Cam and Stafford) were going in the 1-2 rounds in every draft.

I was able to get Eli in 5-6 round and Flacco/Ben/Luck/Wilson/RG3 type in the 7-8-9-10 round range.

Of course that's Flacco/Ben etc.. are not super studs but then I was loading up on top12 RB and top12 WRs in the first 4 rounds and I had to grab 3 lower level QBs but went with quantity over quality hope maybe a rookie has a break out year.

Edited by rai

Is it a 2 QB league? If not, what a bizarre result.

I think there is definitely a trend of peopel jsut looking and seeing QBs at the top of scoring and assuming that makes them more valuable, when as most ofus here know, value is derived from scoring differential at the position, not scoring...

It's one thing when the elite QBs are all flying off the board really early, I get that... But I think the position is becoming overvalued as a whole, to where I don't even find it fun to play in a leauge where I have to grab Eli before the 3rd or Cutler by the 4th if I want them. It almsot makes it inevitable that you'll have to reach on one yourself rather than going with your usual strategy.

In my big money league there are a few owners who wait on QB every year. I am one of them. We call it playing "Quarterback chicken". This year 5 QBs went in the first. I got Calvin with the 12th pick. I ended up getting Romo in the 8th and Ben in the 11th. The owner who lost the QB chicken game this year ended up with Flacco, Luck and Locker. I think he can work the matchups and be OK. We will see.

It seems like the draft a QB early strategy has really been hyped in the mainstream media and has taken on a life of its own. Even in a 4 pt. per passing TD league people are snapping up Qbs in the first round. Crazy!

Every year, no matter what, I always wait too long to take a QB in my local. This year is no exception. I just can't seem to resist that temptation to pass on reaching a few picks to get one of 3-4 QB's when there are such valuable skill players still available. This year, picking in the 11 spot (12 team), I just passed on Schaub, RG III, Cutler & Dalton in the 5-6th turnaround to take Bradshaw & Vincent Jackson. 20 picks from now I have a feeling none of those guys will be there even though everyone else has already secured a starting QB. Anybody else do this or have some bad draft habit you just can't break?

I always wait to draft QB but I also have a "worst" QB in mind that I make sure I get. So in other words, I need to have my starting QB be no worse than say Roesthlisberger (my 12th QB). Then I follow the draft and when it gets down to the last few on my top 12 (in this case) I make damn sure I get no worse than that guy. Many times, I will have a QB in mind that I target and he's never a tier 1 guy. This year it was Matt Ryan. I did get Ryan in most leagues and those I did not, I made sure to get a top 12 per my rankings.

There's absolutely HUGH value in drafting your starting QB in the middle rounds (round 4+), however, QB also scores the most points on your team, so securing a stable and competent QB is a MUST. The worst case scenario is to be stuck with a QB ranked in the late teens or worse. If that means I have to reach into round 3 or 4 - even though I'd prefer to get QB after round 5 - I'll do it.

in one of my league (12 teams) 5 QB went in the first and Peyton in the second

I waited until 8, 9, 13 to get Flacco, Ben, Russel Wilson

however in my first 7 rounds I got: (but passed on Romo, Vic, Eli, Ryan in there).

Ray Rice

DeMarco

Roddy

Cruz

Decker

McGahee

Gonzo