[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson - whan to pull trigger

DanTheMan_5

should say *when to pull trigger

Where are you guys seeing TR go in your drafts. He's been going in rounds 3 and 4 in most of my 12 team leagues. When would you pull the trigger on a rookie RB with knee problems?

It's tough to pass on him and I'd be more inclined to pick him if I even knew who his backup would be.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

Both Ingram and Matthews went to teams that had solid RB's in place (tolbert for Chargers, and serveral in Saints)...yes, Matthews struggled first and dont think Ingram ever got it going. Not saying T Rich won't struggle, but he's going to a team, desperate for a RB.....and if healthy, won't share carries....too many RBBC's this year, and Browns look like won't be....I'm targeting him 3rd round in my league

Both Ingram and Matthews went to teams that had solid RB's in place (tolbert for Chargers, and serveral in Saints)...yes, Matthews struggled first and dont think Ingram ever got it going. Not saying T Rich won't struggle, but he's going to a team, desperate for a RB.....and if healthy, won't share carries....too many RBBC's this year, and Browns look like won't be....I'm targeting him 3rd round in my league

Ingram got every chance to succeed

trent was/is better than Ingram. Even in the year Ingram won the heisman everyone in Alabama knew Trent was the better back. the guy's strength and conditioning is legendary. He WILL bounce back quickly. If you get him in round 3 or 4 I'd consider it a steal.

trent was/is better than Ingram. Even in the year Ingram won the heisman everyone in Alabama knew Trent was the better back. the guy's strength and conditioning is legendary. He WILL bounce back quickly. If you get him in round 3 or 4 I'd consider it a steal.

For anyone who follows SEC football or scouts, Trent has always been the clear better talent.

I think I fell in love with Ingram too much, especially after he ran until he had convulsions in the SEC championship game, but yeah, Trent Richardson is one of those every few year type of guys, where outside of injury risk, the bust risk is very low.

Add to that, he does go to a situation where he'll get every possible chance to contribute early and often, and I don't think the Ingram or Matthews situations are comparable... Now where they could become comparable is if he doesn't get over the knee issues. That's always a bit scary when it comes to RBs, but I just think this kid will be that good to where I'm willing to risk it.

It's fairly rare to have an Adrian Peterson or (young) Turner type who can both plow through you and run past you.

(Oh and as for the OP's question, that's a really tough one to answer. It depends on scoring, lineup requirements and what your other options are at the pick, but I'd say take him where you feel comfortable. After the surgery that should probably be somewhere from mid-second at the absolute earliest to the end of the third, possibly even later if you think he's fallen off your league's radar.)

Edited by delusions of grandeur

So me getting him in round 5-6 (can't remember) is phenominal value :)

I definitely wasn't targeting him because of his surgery but since I usually go WR early and often, when I saw him there in 5 or so, it was a no brainer. His upside is immense.

I have grabbed him in round 3 a few times where I have gone QB early. He should easily be a mid tier RB1 in that offense as a 3 down back that will not lose goal line work, I have seen the masses grab Martin ahead of him but I don't see it. Martin is not in the same talent tier IMO.

While rookie RB's can be scary, I would draft him with confidence. His blend of power and burst are rare. He has top 10 RB potential as a rookie.

He was sitting there near the end of the 4th round when I took him. :fingerscrossed: I haven't had much luck drafting rookie running backs in the top 5 rounds.

I've never had luck with rookies in redrafts. I always let someone else draft the rookies that rarely pan out in the first year. About the only position I consider rookies would be QB as a backup.

Tolbert was most definetley not well established on the Chargers. He had 25 attempts the year before Mathews came aboard and I vividly remember Norv saying Mathews would be "the man" and would get him 300 touches. Ingram had plenty of opportunity as well -- if he would've seized he would've had a stranglehold on goal-line duty all year long.

And I could see a bad RBBC forming in Cleveland eventually, you got BJackson, Obgaunayanuan, and Hardesty.