[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 teams or less = fisher price

gallagorilla

So I just got done drafting in my third 14 team league and was unable to really take any of my sleepers due to the amount of depth in this years draft. When we finished, I found myself wishing we had setup the league with a few more teams. I couldn't imagine playing in a league with only 12 or even 10 teams. Do any of u guys feel the same way this year?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only play in 20+ team leagues, where the real experts play. After all, league championships should be decided by whichever backup running back you had to start at RB2 goes off due to a chance injury to the starter. It's the skill of knowing which super deep sleeper is going to pop that makes the whole ff experience for me.

I couldn't imagine playing in a league with only 12 or even 10 teams. Do any of u guys feel the same way this year?

1 ten team local with non-huddlers so its always an interesting draft. The rest are 12 & 16 team BOTH leagues. Nope I don't feel the same way no matter what year we're talking about.

I only play in 20+ team leagues, where the real experts play. After all, league championships should be decided by whichever backup running back you had to start at RB2 goes off due to a chance injury to the starter. It's the skill of knowing which super deep sleeper is going to pop that makes the whole ff experience for me.

:busted:

/thread

great post!

ridiculous.

so you're saying that picking the right backup is what makes FF for you?

Whatever blows yer hair back, dude.

yes!

36 teams here. anything less is like freakin duplo blocks. i feel sorry for you all.

yes!!

I play in leagues ranging from 10 to 32 teams. Each league is fun & different in it's own way.

yes!!!

Whatever man. I play 32, 16, 12's and 10's. Each has its own appeal. The 10s are with neighbors and co-workers and more for fun. Who cares if Pead and Freeman didn't get drafted?

How about a 14-team league with 8 starting positions and only two bench spots?

Puts less of a premium on the draft, and more of a premium on ww moves week to week. Absolutely forces a lot of roster transactions to cover injuries and bye weeks, not to mention draft selections that just aren't cutting it. Tough decisions every week, no way you can just draft your team and sit back and relax. It's a lot of fun.

Edited by SecondString

I only play in 20+ team leagues, where the real experts play.

:lol: So how did you get in? And let me guess: Team D/ST, right, expert?

My office league is 12 team, but other leagues are two 14 team full IDP dynasty leagues and one 16 team full IDP cap league - and we start punters in two of those.

Personally. I'd much rather play in a smaller full IDP league than a larger team D league if I'm looking for a greater challenge, utilization of acumen, and exponentially greater fun. But that's because I am willing to spend a lot of time on the hobby.

I think the most important thing about league size and rules is that it gets all owners involved and having great fun. If that's the case, it doesn't matter how big or small the league is.

My office league is 12 team, but other leagues are two 14 team full IDP dynasty leagues and one 16 team full IDP cap league - and we start punters in two of those.

Personally. I'd much rather play in a smaller full IDP league than a larger team D league if I'm looking for a greater challenge, utilization of acumen, and exponentially greater fun. But that's because I am willing to spend a lot of time on the hobby.

I think the most important thing about league size and rules is that it gets all owners involved and having great fun. If that's the case, it doesn't matter how big or small the league is.

The :busted: by slambo indicates that he is in a 12-team BOTH league.

How about a 14-team league with 8 starting positions and only two bench spots?

Puts less of a premium on the draft, and more of a premium on ww moves week to week. Absolutely forces a lot of roster transactions to cover injuries and bye weeks, not to mention draft selections that just aren't cutting it. Tough decisions every week, no way you can just draft your team and sit back and relax. It's a lot of fun.

I think that it dosen't make much of a difference to a degree. You can always adjust the starting requirements to thin the pool of players down to the level that you want.

Prefer to play in odd-numbered 13 team leagues that utilize all 21 of the skill positions...you can only draft 11 players each but 5 players can be drafted by 9 of the teams 3 times. The entire league is full of procrastinators and the draft is most likely tomorrow.

Have you guys been meaning to get me an invite to this league but just not gotten around to it yet?

After you go IDP it is hard to go back. I really do not like Team D/ST leagues now and avoild joining theml.

I apologize for the confusion. I forget that sarcasm doesn't always translate well from text.

And for the record, my leagues not only draft defensive players, but we also draft assistant coaches. We get points based on how their units perform overall(defenesive backfield, special teams, etc.). We considered drafting color commentary announcers, but decided grading their performance was too subjective.

Edited by Tripleshot

Whatever man. I play 32, 16, 12's and 10's. Each has its own appeal. The 10s are with neighbors and co-workers and more for fun. Who cares if Pead and Freeman didn't get drafted?

Freeman should still be drafted in 10 team leagues as well. A minimum of 2 QBs per team, means at least 20 QBs drafted, Freeman is surely Top 20 and actually pretty damn close to top 10.