[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning this season...

codyj123_321

Your first post.

You may find that few here care whether you won a league last year. Congrats on that and all, but the information tells us nothing as we don't know your league and it comes off poorly. Everybody here also won their league last year. We also are unusually well endowed, have beautiful wifes and or girlfriends, are better than average drivers, and exceed the norm in height, strength, footspeed, sexual prowess and income.

As for Eli, he is one of two dozen Q.B.'s who can take you to a championship. Absent knowing league size, scoring rules, round selected, and the constitution of the rest of your roster this information tells us nothing.

Welcome.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I was stating that I won as if I should feel good about my chances to repeat this year with him as my qb. I don't see where the girlfriend and all that comes into play man. You must be angry or something to just start bashing me cause of a small mention. I didnt do it as a hey look at me type thing.

I was stating that I won as if I should feel good about my chances to repeat this year with him as my qb. I don't see where the girlfriend and all that comes into play man. You must be angry or something to just start bashing me cause of a small mention. I didnt do it as a hey look at me type thing.

:huh:

I have an odd feeling this may not end well for you. You may want to lurk a bit and get a feel for this board before you post again.

And yes, you will be just fine with Eli as a FF QB dependent upon the rest of your team. He's in the second QB tier, IMO.

:huh:

I have an odd feeling this may not end well for you. You may want to lurk a bit and get a feel for this board before you post again.

And yes, you will be just fine with Eli as a FF QB dependent upon the rest of your team. He's in the second QB tier, IMO.

:lol:

I agree

you may want the advice forum as well

I didn't bash him or anything. I said he must be angry or something to jump on me just because I stated that I won and I guess he thought I was trying to brag. I'm not trying to make any enemies or anything like that. I'm here to discuss football and football only.

Anyways, I have Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles & Jordy Nelson as my other top picks in the draft. It's just a 12 team standard scoring league. I know Eli had a great year last year but I'm always iffy on him going into the season.

I didn't bash him or anything. I said he must be angry or something to jump on me just because I stated that I won and I guess he thought I was trying to brag. I'm not trying to make any enemies or anything like that. I'm here to discuss football and football only.

I'll make sure to let the rest of the board know what your expectations are for them. I'll sure they'll fully understand and bow to your belief of how this board should operate and how all posters should respond.

In the meantime, I'll offer some advice I've offered others here: When you find yourself in a hole, it is wise to stop digging.

What are you talking about man? I say I'm not trying to make enemies or anything and then you say something like that? I'm not asking for the board members to do anything. It was just rude the way he attacked me cause of a simple post. I don't see all the misinterpretation on here.

What are you talking about man? I say I'm not trying to make enemies or anything and then you say something like that? I'm not asking for the board members to do anything. It was just rude the way he attacked me cause of a simple post. I don't see all the misinterpretation on here.

Well, I tried. You ought to thoroughly enjoy your stay here.

Offering advice on how to get along in this forum is not an attack. It is not rude. Rather I provided information and perspective that might be valuable as you try to integrate yourself into this community. You have now called me angry, rude, and attacking. Have you really considered if this is the route you wish to take, or would you like a mulligan?

I don't get the point of this question. There are probably about 16 QB's that you could draft that can win you a championship if you draft the right team and do good with trades and ww.

With Eli being around 6-8 on the list, why would you expect he couldn't win a championship for you? Not like the QB is your whole team.

I just apologized to you for the misunderstanding on my part. I can take the fault if I mess up but when you brought up the girlfriend and everything else I didn't see what that had to do with anything and that's why it came off as an attack. I'm really just trying to talk about football guys and I don't see the need to go back and forth about a minor fact that I stated in my first post. So if a mod would like to just close this since it's not even on topic anymore.

Because Eli had a great year last year but he can also throw a ton of picks. I was asking if you guys think he will stay at the elite level again or if he will go back to just average with a lot of ints.

doesn't really matter either way, you can still win whichever way he goes since he's still going to be a top 10 QB either way most likely.

I just apologized to you for the misunderstanding on my part. I can take the fault if I mess up but when you brought up the girlfriend and everything else I didn't see what that had to do with anything and that's why it came off as an attack. I'm really just trying to talk about football guys and I don't see the need to go back and forth about a minor fact that I stated in my first post. So if a mod would like to just close this since it's not even on topic anymore.

Let's try this. Knowing that you have Manning is insufficient information, standing alone, upon which to get any meaningful feedback. Perhaps you might want to let us know how many teams in your league, your league's lineup requirements, its scoring system, whether it is a keeper league, dynasty league, I.D.P. league or an auction league. Perhaps you might share with us in which round you drafted Manning and at which slot, or if an auction league how much of your salary cap you invested. That information allows some analysis. Absent that information, well you see where that went.

As I see this thread you were so certain you were going to be attacked as newbie that you could not wait for it to happen so that you could manfully stand up for yourself. The thing is you were not attacked. I informed you of some excepted protocols of this board and shared with you some history, though you would only have known that or figured that out if you took a few moments to ruminate upon my reply instead of reacting immediately. I did, in my second paragraph, explain the problem in your post, which I have set forward again immediately above, but you never got to that paragraph reacting instead of thinking. Since then others have gently hinted that you might want to share further information if you want feedback, just as I did but somewhat more gently, and you still have not grasped the thrust of the cummulative advice.

As for me I do not take offense at your presumptions about me. I would have to know you and respect your opinion before that were to occur. There is no reason we can't still get off to a good start even if the first step was a little wrong-footed.

Again I say welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I am sure others feel the same way.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Jesus H Christ. Go back, reread DW's first response to you, get a clue, and stop making such weak freakin' alibis. Then consider yourself lucky that it's a holiday morning, because otherwise you'd need a suppository the size of a super-size paper towel roll to stop the bleeding.

Oh, and welcome. I'm not well endowed and they still let me post here.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Jesus H Christ. Go back, reread DW's first response to you, get a clue, and stop making such weak freakin' alibis. Then consider yourself lucky that it's a holiday morning, because otherwise you'd need a suppository the size of a super-size paper towel roll to stop the bleeding.

Oh, and welcome. I'm not well endowed and they still let me post here.

That's not what my wife tells me. Still, as long as you leave a cohiba behind for me when you leave I have no complaints. You are a gentleman and a scholar.