[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning this season...

codyj123_321

If you were a person surfing the net looking for a FF site to frequent, you would likely check out the forums before ponying up for pay content and then when you're greeted in this manner I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think that person may just say adios to the site entirely. First impressions are the lasting impressions. This site is not very civil in general and there are a few key folks who definitely drive people away. I think it's bad for DMD's business. I really do. Not everybody thinks that "hazing a newbie" is funny.

You should share your opinion directly with DMD as well as posting it here.

I do note that I have not negatively characterized you, nor the others who have negatively characterized me. I do not see an attack on the original poster by me. One would have to really read between the lines to find that, and then one would have to be using reading glasses which convert all matters to a negative.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you continue to share it freely as it comes accompanied by your avatar which is always a welcome sight.

this. you didn't criticize at all, you just told him the norms of the forums and what to expect, if anything you did him a favor. Plus you did answer his question, even though it was in the wrong forum.

I do note that I have not negatively characterized you, nor the others who have negatively characterized me. I do not see an attack on the original poster by me. One would have to really read between the lines to find that, and then one would have to be using reading glasses which convert all matters to a negative.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you continue to share it freely as it comes accompanied by your avatar which is always a welcome sight.

Fair enough. I just think that new folks should be embraced, regardless what one might think of their opening posts.

Remember back in the day before we were all desensitized and smack was part of FF? Seriously... are we not men?

I get it. I do. I just really think that new folks who post may get turned off by the negativity and go elsewhere. That means they'll never be "pay content" huddlers. And it also means that certain folks will continue to rule the roost on the boards by shouting down those whose posts they deem worthy of being belittled. I just really think it's poor form and ultimately bad for the site as a whole.

Not to bring up a competitor's site, but I subscribe to another site with message boards and you get none of this crap - just football talk. In fact, a guy like BB would not be welcome on that board at all. Discussions are cordial, even when there are disagreements, and the threads get a lot of responses with a lot of useful info.

I dunno.....just disappointed in the direction the boards have gone. And the boards are one of the primary things that I enjoy about The Huddle. So who knows......

Just read through this whole thing, and still not sure why DW and BB had to jump all over this guy. First post seemed pretty innocent to me. :shrug:

Agree. One thing about communicating on line is that anything can be misinterpreted. This thread has gone way off the OP"s question. As for me I have Eli in one league and I think he will do really well. He has a nice wr corps and a good offensive line. He is not a difference maker in my opinion, but drafted in the middle with strength at wr and rb he won't hurt you.

Fair enough. I just think that new folks should be embraced, regardless what one might think of their opening posts.

Yet one might ascertain from your stance in this thread that the embracing stops at some point and one is then free to pronounce negative judgement on another.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

In a way Eli reminds me of the old school Q.B.'s. They use to lull teams to sleep with the run and dink and dunk passes and then bring out the big play to put a dagger in you. Starr did that, Stauback, Bradshaw. Now it is obviously a different era and when in the past that may have been a once per game phenomena Eli does it two or three times, but relative to his pass happy era he sometimes gives me that same fee. You think he is falling asleep back there. You wonder about his recievers a little and then bang, the big play is in the books.l

Hmmm. This message board used to be the Bellagio, but it is starting to feel more like the Imperial Palace.

• Like 1

I get it. I do. I just really think that new folks who post may get turned off by the negativity and go elsewhere. That means they'll never be "pay content" huddlers. And it also means that certain folks will continue to rule the roost on the boards by shouting down those whose posts they deem worthy of being belittled. I just really think it's poor form and ultimately bad for the site as a whole.

Not to bring up a competitor's site, but I subscribe to another site with message boards and you get none of this crap - just football talk. In fact, a guy like BB would not be welcome on that board at all. Discussions are cordial, even when there are disagreements, and the threads get a lot of responses with a lot of useful info.

I dunno.....just disappointed in the direction the boards have gone. And the boards are one of the primary things that I enjoy about The Huddle. So who knows......

Good post and agree...second year here, and there is incredible knowledge and expertise here, which I love and get a lot of help from. But I've seen less arrogance in country clubs that take a year or two's salary to join.

Cody listen up son. This is a Fantasy Football forum. Many of the posters here have played the game since well........since before the huddle was born. I personally was here within day 30 I believe. Your the new guy. Being the new guy your going to have to understand a few things. Number one. Starting off a thread with "I won my league last year" opened you up to a few interpretations;

1. You want everyone to know you can play this game and are to be taken seriously.

2. You are genuinely proud of winning your league and want to reminisce a bit.

3. You have know Idea how to play this game and want to know if Eli is a good QB

So, in order to figure out which one of those is accurate, you basically got stepped to in a press to test. If in fact you want everyone to know how awesome you are Mr. Wonders decided to give you a wedgie and see how you'd respond. And like most new guys you tucked in your pants, tugged at your shorts to allow your rectum to breath again and proceeded to say "gee fellas wha't you go and do that for. Telling all of us right away that your no pro at fantasy football. That's ok. No problem. But did you notice how he went about getting the answer?

Now if it's number two then congrats. You must feel pretty good about yourself. As well you should. However, being the rookie you are to this forum what you didn't take into account that many here, despite having extensive experience playing the wonderful game of Fantasy football, didn't win. In fact, lost miserably. Many of us picked players like Vick, Peterson, Murray, Charles, Austin, and many others that made the season a bust. So while you may have been gently introducing yourself as a winner, to some you took a bull horn and blasted the fact that you, won your league, yet wonder if Eli is a good QB for your team! Again you have to expect some chin music there...........

Lastly if in fact you have no clue about this game and are trying to play us like Sam Sausage or Joe Donut, thinking they will give me good advice if I tell them I won my league. Well, then your just plain asking to be jumped on.

The fact that you took all of the above post seriously and even apologized tells us a few more things. Your a people pleaser and your not all that sure of what the hell is going on here. As well you shouldn't. You haven't trolled near enough to know who's who and what's what yet. That will come in time. What is important now is that you carefully read what was said in this thread. Your gonna find two things.

1. hazing the newbie is fun and educational.........

2. read one again.........

Welcome to the Huddle pal...........I'm Cowboyz1 the resident Cowboys Homer.

Basically, what I'm trying to say it this. It's like you walked into a crowded bar tomorrow night, where you know no one, with say a Giant's Super Bowl Jersey and Super Bowl Hat, blue super bowl shoes, chanting BIg Blue, Big Blue then ask a random guy just loud enough so many hear "who the Giants are playing"?

Edited by Cowboyz1

Now watch what happens when I (a seasoned veteran of the huddle) makes the following post:

He guys, I lost my arse last season and I need a little help. I have Romo as my starter and Murray as my number 1 RB. I picked up a few more Cowboys along the way like Austin, Witten and the Cowboys Defense, even Bailey as my Kicker.

Tell me fellas...................(I am covering up my head and getting under something)..............what do you think? Rate my team!

Cowboyz1, I hope you don't mind starting the season 0-1 with that team!!! :D

I am, of course, just kidding. I feel I should but that disclaimer in before I get jumped.

Yet one might ascertain from your stance in this thread that the embracing stops at some point and one is then free to pronounce negative judgement on another.

I call it like I see it. And yes, the embracing does stop after a while. I've been around long enough to know how most of you are.

Now watch what happens when I (a seasoned veteran of the huddle) makes the following post:

He guys, I lost my arse last season and I need a little help. I have Romo as my starter and Murray as my number 1 RB. I picked up a few more Cowboys along the way like Austin, Witten and the Cowboys Defense, even Bailey as my Kicker.

Tell me fellas...................(I am covering up my head and getting under something)..............what do you think? Rate my team!

Knowing that you only play in 4 team, all Cowboys players only league I think you are going to do well. I also suspect that your Mom, Grandma, and Auntie Bee my be suffering from old timers disease. Last year your Mom would have grabbed either Romo or Austin in the first round. BTW, who got Dez, Grandma?

:lol: How do you think DMD and WW feel about a long time Huddler who proudly advertises that they subscribe elsewhere?

Tell you what, CR. Start your own site and I'll make sure I don't post there so that I don't offend your delicate sensibilities. Adversarial discourse can be a lot more educational than the site you're talking about - if it is the one I think it is - where everyone kinds of mills around while praising and following the staff like bleating sheep.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:lol: How do you think DMD and WW feel about a long time Huddler who proudly advertises that they subscribe elsewhere?

Tell you what, CR. Start your own site and I'll make sure I don't post there so that I don't offend your delicate sensibilities. Adversarial discourse can be a lot more educational than the site you're talking about - if it is the one I think it is - where everyone kinds of mills around while praising and following the staff like bleating sheep.

Good one. Ya got me. I'm sure DMD and WW don't mind. My payment has cleared every year here. What difference does it make if I pay elsewhere also? 'splain that to me. And did ya stop to think that maybe a long-time huddler is looking to frequent another FF site because of a-holes like you? And I agree, adversarial discourse is great. It's the petty B.S. you subscribe to almost without fail that I'm referring to and your response here is almost to a T what I expected it to be.

But hey, if DMD and WW thinks it's ok for you to badger people incessantly, then have at it. I personally think it's bad for business.

• Like 1

And did ya stop to think that maybe a long-time huddler is looking to frequent another FF site because of a-holes like you? And I agree, adversarial discourse is great. It's the petty B.S. you subscribe to almost without fail that I'm referring to and your response here is almost to a T what I expected it to be.

Why don't you describe me to me? What exactly is so objectionable to you? I look at your post above and I see nothing other than course name calling and charges that you don't back up with substance. Can you give me examples of "badgering people incessantly"?

Let's hear it. I'm always willing to learn.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Knowing that you only play in 4 team, all Cowboys players only league I think you are going to do well. I also suspect that your Mom, Grandma, and Auntie Bee my be suffering from old timers disease. Last year your Mom would have grabbed either Romo or Austin in the first round. BTW, who got Dez, Grandma?

Here enditth the lesson..... :lol: