[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Cowboys @ Giants

Cowboyz1

Well here we go. The season is upon us and as luck would have it, we have a great match up to sink our teeth into. In less then 48 hours from now the 2012 season will begin. I love it, oh how I love it so....

Well let's get started. There are two feelings I have about this game. Excitement and worry. Not sure which I feel more. Not sure if the excitement is bleeding into the worry or visa versa.

My worry comes from a few areas of concern for my boys. It's starts with the image of Cruz streaking down the sideline while Newman and Sens huff and puff staggering to catch him. On a 5 yard crossing route no less. That was the moment, the moment I knew Newman was finished and our Secondary needed a complete overhaul.

I'm worried about the Oline. Not so much about the talent per se but the amount of time they have actually played together. The Giants D is respectably tough to deal with if you can't block the twists and stunts. Not sure their able to hold up down in and down out without making a mistake or two in protections. By the second half of the season they should be significantly better then last year. Hopefully they don't get Romo killed before then......But I believe they will be better as the season wears on.

I'm worried about Witten. If he plays which I believe he will as Bennett said "Witten may just carry his spleen with him down the field under his arm like a football." I know Witten and if he plays I am worried that he gets further damaged by a rouge hit.

I'm a bit concerned about Mo in his first start on such a big stage. I mean the kid is a baller but a rookie baller none the less.

But honestly, what worries me the most. The thing that keeps me up at night is this.

How am I going to find the words, the creativity, the penmanship Keymanship if you will, to come in here and post Wed night once we find a way to beat the mighty Giants. That's right. I'm worried that I won't be able to punish those who so delighted in my misery last year. Seriously, my disgust for the Giants is at an all time high. Not because they have found ways to beat us the last few years. No. Because I was forced to actually root for them against the Patriots in last years superbowl. Made me sick that I actually cheered when Eli drove them down for the game winner. Stop I'm feeling dirty again......

So how can we win? I'll tell you. Romo goes for his 300+ and touchdowns to Beasley, Dez and Austin. Murray goes for 90+ and another score with 5+ grabs out of the backfield for another 40. The kid has a mean streak and I love it. But the key to beating the Giants will be the Secondaries. Eli has enjoyed being able to throw up rainbows that are in the air long enough for me to fly to NY, get a cab, grab a Coney Dog, and be in the stadium just in time for the ball to fall nicely into the arms of a waiting Nicks or Cruz. All the while our secondary watching, struggling to get into position to see the catch and attempt a tackle. Ridiculous.

That won't happen this time round. Those back foot heaves will end up picks going the other way.

The Giants secondary is the one to worry about now. They did nothing this off-season to get better back there. If the pass rush doesn't get there, they're in serious trouble. In fact, I am willing to go on record now and say the Giants secondary is going to be their achilles heal.

For all he flack Slip has to endure, he still spins the rock like very few have or can. His numbers speak for themselves. We have the talent at wide out and now with the final piece to the puzzle slipped into place in one D Murray, the Cowboys embark on a promising season. It begins with a Giant Pounding. This time the Giants being the poundee.

Prediction: What do you think! :whistle:

As for the season, I will say this. If the Offense plays at least as good as last year and Murray stays healthy for 16 games, the Cowboys will improve to 11-5. The Defense will be good the first half of the season but in the second half move into great territory. A full off-season with Ryan and upgrades at linebacker, Corners and Safety make the difference.

East Div

Cowboys 11-5

Eagles 10-6

Giants 9-7

Washington 8-8

So that's how I see it through my Star tinted Homer glasses............. :shades:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Here are my predictions ...

Over/Under in sacks for the game is 6 - both teams will be going after the QB. I think Ryan will be calling many assorted blitzes.

Eli will be throwing Mo's direction, testing the rookie early and also b/c we actually have a better corner on the other side.

Marty B better have his head on a swivel.

The refs will miss several PI calls.

The Cowboys will run the ball 30 times.

When I think of the Cowboys, I always thing of this song:

When I think of Menudo, I always think (rather then thing), what's he doing here in a Cowboys Prediction thread........

Then it dawns on me. He's sore about losing his Homer title and is looking for some pointers on getting it back.

When I think of Menudo, I always think (rather then thing), what's he doing here in a Cowboys Prediction thread........

Then it dawns on me. He's sore about losing his Homer title and is looking for some pointers on getting it back.

Nah, been there done that. I actually find your threads entertaining, and I'm just having fun with you. We need more entertaining posts around here, as this place is sadly, dwindling. This used to be the time when there were tons of threads going on the main board, but, it just isn't what it used to be. I just like giving you a hard time, and I respect that you are such a fan of your team, and especially that you take your digs like a man when/if you're proven wrong. :tup:

P.S. From a homer perspective, I wish you would provide some realistic expectations, instead of telling us how great all of their offensive players are going to be. ;)

Edited by Menudo

Nah, been there done that. I actually find your threads entertaining, and I'm just having fun with you. We need more entertaining posts around here, as this place is sadly, dwindling. This used to be the time when there were tons of threads going on the main board, but, it just isn't what it used to be. I just like giving you a hard time, and I respect that you are such a fan of your team, and especially that you take your digs like a man when/if you're proven wrong. :tup:

P.S. From a homer perspective, I wish you would provide some realistic expectations, instead of telling us how great all of their offensive players are going to be. ;)

Just funnin also. You know how we do it. surpised your the only one ball brakin in here. Where did all the cowboy haters go.

I am with you buddy. There would be sig bets and trash talk all over the board. Miss the good ole days.

And yes I will give you some real expectations. I am working on them now. They will be up tonight.

I actually find you entertaining, and I'm just having fun with you. I just like giving you a hard one, and I respect that you take your digs like a man. :tup:

You know how to do it. your the only ball in here.

I am with you buddy. I will be up tonight.

Get a room.

Giants secondary is banged up. Dallas receivers are banged up. Giants will rush like mad. Slip will get crushed over 5 times , make a bad play or 2 from the pressure but also elude the rush and make some big plays from it too. Thats slip being slip

There will be 54 points scored in this game

Now that's more like it. WHAT UP DICK! It's that time a year again.

I got me Hillis this year on both my money teams. Picked him the year he was awesome, laid off last year and now I think he's ready to roll again.

Yeah, I think he'll be used a lot this year. Will probably put up numbers equal to DeMarco Murray.

As dirty as it will make both you and I feel this season - I'm all about the Cowboys throwing TDs....I got stuck with Romo as my starter this year. My wife is upset at me because of it (she is a hugh skins fan) and she already said I'm not welcome to watch the skin/cowboys games with her.

Going in to the Cowboys/Giants game, I have Romo and Cruz. I need a shoot out. This is where you come in, Cowboyz1. I need you to go talk to Jerry and Romo and stress that I need 300 yards, 3 tds and I can tolerate 1 to 2 ints. You get me that and I'll 'like' one of your posts this season. People on the boards will see I took time to read one of your posts and they, too will begin reading more of yours. Soon, you'll be so popular that I may allow you to address me directly in a public posting. Sounds like an awesome deal to me!

FWIW, I love reading your posts simply because you are a hardcore cowboys homer fan and I believe you put that older, black lady to shame (know who i'm talking about? I forget her name. Midgets).

I can't wait for the first game!!

As dirty as it will make both you and I feel this season - I'm all about the Cowboys throwing TDs....I got stuck with Romo as my starter this year. My wife is upset at me because of it (she is a hugh skins fan) and she already said I'm not welcome to watch the skin/cowboys games with her.

:rofl:

I always knew your Heros have always been Cowboys......

Can't wait to see that Dallas Defense this year, expecting big things in year 2. Also very interested in Bryant's progression. But I don't think the year belongs to Dallas or New York this year.

1. Eagles 12-4

2. Giants 10-6

3. Cowboys 9-7

4. Redskins 8-8

. No. Because I was forced to actually root for them against the Patriots in last years superbowl. Made me sick that I actually cheered when Eli drove them down for the game winner. Stop I'm feeling dirty again.....

What did we ever do to your boys that would make you violate yourself this way?

I figure it is somewhat more important to the Giants. You never like to lose at home and certainly do not like to do so the opening weak to a division opponent. If they go one down to a division opponent and have a road weighted schedule to go that is a hill right from the get go. If the Cowboys lose they at least can look forward to coming even with the help of the home filed advantage when the Giants go there.

BTW, whatever happened to Eli's graffitti at the Dallas site. I presume it was instantly purged, but I never really heard.

I am expecting a shoot out. However, I am sitting Eli and Cruz in my fantasy league as I really want to enjoy this game as a Giants fan and do not want to get pissed when Bradshaw runs one in or if Eli throws to Nicks and not Cruz. To me, fantasy football takes a backseat to this game - opening the season against our most hated rivals at home as the defending Super Bowl champion. Nope. Fantasy football takes a night off Wednesday and I go straight into fan mode. Ryan and Decker will fill in this week only.

Both QBs play big - 5 TDs combined - and the game is won on a late FG. Giants 38-35 as the NFL hits the ground running.

Welcome back football - God I missed you!