[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees 2012 Prospects

Easy n Dirty

Apologies because I am sure this has been addressed somewhere previously, but how does everyone think Brees' performance will be impacted by the absence of Sean Payton?

On the one hand, Brees is a seasoned vet who probably knows the offense inside and out by now...but on the other hand, whenever I watch the Saints play, Payton is always holding that board up in front of his mouth and talking seemingly non-stop into his headset. My impression has always been that Payton is extremely active in game planning and play calling, both during the week and on game day, so I would think his absence will be impactful.

Am trying to decide between Brady and Brees for my first round pick tonight (picking fifth), and it's so close in my mind that I find myself examining every little factor, however minute it may seem.

I took Brady over Brees based on the Sean Payton factor. I think Brees can't help but be dinged a little bit at least. If you are like me, the last thing you want in your first round pick is doubt. You obviously have doubts about Brees or you wouldn't be asking the question. So you already know the answer.

I took Brady over Brees based on the Sean Payton factor. I think Brees can't help but be dinged a little bit at least. If you are like me, the last thing you want in your first round pick is doubt. You obviously have doubts about Brees or you wouldn't be asking the question. So you already know the answer.

I will remember this always! It pretty much answers any questions about early picks!

Some truth in that - but I have doubts about everyone that I am considering at that spot. Certainly doubts about McFadden and CJohnson, less so about Brees and Brady. But I could easily paint a picture with doubts about Brady, at least versus Brees - strength of schedule, Brady should have a better running game this year, and Brees throwing 7 more TDs than brady did last year.

But overall, I agree with most everyhting you said and am leaning toward Brady for the same reasons you did - but I still have another 8 hours or so to agonize over it.