[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ogletree ... the first waiver wire darling of 2012

Grits and Shins

There is an owner in my local league with these WRs - DeSean Jackson, DHB, LaFell, Floyd, Washington, Smith (STL) ... I bet he is already salivating at the though of snagging Ogletree off waivers.

I'm not convinced ... this week he had the same number of catches as Miles and Bryant combined (and the same number of TDs as Miles and Bryant combined). Surely nobody believes that will happen with regularity.

So the real question ... how much production will be the norm for Ogletree, given he is the WR3 for Dallas?

I suspect we've just seen his best week of the season and that from here on out his performance will be up and down. The norm will be 3 or 4 catches a game with a TD here and there :2cents:

I will look to see who is dropped for him.

I am doing the same exact thing. I mean if he duplicates this next week (maybe not as many yards or touchdowns) I will surely consider picking him up at this point, but as of right now I'm not convinced.

I don't get it. Laurent Robinson scored eleven touchdowns last year as the WR3 on Dallas, while Austin and Bryant recovered from a variety of maladies. Even when they were in the game, Robinson was a major factor.

As we've seen this pre-season, it'd be a bit much to expect both Austin and Bryant to remain healthy for the full season.

Someone has to make up for those Robinson TDs... not saying Ogletree will get all 11, but 8-9 in this offense (with the Cowboys throwing like crazy in the red zone as per usual) is a distinct possibility. All we needed to see was that the 'Boys had a third option at WR (as a declining Witten probably doesn't count), and Ogletree showed us that tonight -- and with both Bryant and Austin somewhat healthy.

This makes him a decent-to-good waiver add, IMO.

You guys I would temper your expectations about Ogletree. He was the third guy single covered by the Giant's last corner healthy. When they put a better Corner on him he disappeared then Austin burned the kid. When they went back to covering Austin realizing he would surely beat them, then Ogletree reappeared. Remember Witten was in to make the Giants account for him but had very little looks to protect his injury and the Giants secondary looked like ours last year to start the season. A mash unit with players that have no business on the field yet.

This week it was Ogletree but I don't expect him to be consistent. Just sayin.........Hell I could be all wet and Ogletree has finally turned the corner with a year three break out. But I suspect Romo has matured to the point that he'll take what is given and today it was Ogletree because he was WIDE open most of the night. Now when coverage gets tighter, with better corners covering, I suspect he gravitates back to his trusted starters in Austin, Bryant and Witten, occasionally hitting an uncovered third or forth option. Just sayin don't be surpised if he plays peak a boo with you all season long so I wouldn't give up too much in trade to get him. Truth be told you haven't even seen the Romo to Murray passing game yet either.

If all stay healthy then this offense is going to shred defenses and be very hard to deal with week in and week out.

Edited by Cowboyz1

For some reason Yahoo allowed me to pick him up in the middle of the game? :whistle: I pulled the same crap last year with J. Nelson :brow: . Not only do I get the benefit of busting the league's chops this morning, I only had to drop Taiwan Jones to get him.

Isn't that kind of standard on Yahoo? I played in a league like that last season and it was beyond boring and I am never doing it again.

Isn't that kind of standard on Yahoo? I played in a league like that last season and it was beyond boring and I am never doing it again.

The Commish can set it up so that it's FCFS all throughout the Season or have players locked at the start of their game and all would be subject to the WW rush.

Waivers can be setup on FCFS on Tuesday (or whatever day) or a custom waiver order.

Yahoo's come a long way.

For some reason Yahoo allowed me to pick him up in the middle of the game? :whistle: I pulled the same crap last year with J. Nelson :brow: . Not only do I get the benefit of busting the league's chops this morning, I only had to drop Taiwan Jones to get him.

If I was in a league that allowed that I would quit in a sec. Awful league setup cause it only rewards those guys who can sit in front of a pc 24/7

Read the league settings. If weekly waivers allow for a loop hole for mid-week games then those asleep at the wheel lose. If you didn't care for how the league was set up why did you join?

I dropped Laurent Robinson for him.

I hesitated until the 4th quarter. But when it was 17-10 and the Cowboys were in the redzone, Romo went to Ogletree and over threw him. There were two more targets that Romo missed that I noticed. And the most important play in my opinion was when at the end of the game when the Cowboys were on their own 25 and it was 3rd and 11. Most teams run the ball there and punt and put it on their defense. Romo went slant to Ogletree the whole way. I then picked him up.

Do you also enjoy taking candy from small children?

As for Ogletree, he's a one hit wonder, with some possibility of being a bye week filler. I have to agree with Cowboyz1, I wouldn't expect him to be a major part of the offense going forward.

No doubt he'll be a WW darling in many leagues, especially those with FCFS and no charges for roster moves.

Read the league settings. If weekly waivers allow for a loop hole for mid-week games then those asleep at the wheel lose. If you didn't care for how the league was set up why did you join?

Its bush league fantasy football. Just because the rules have a loophole allowing such rubbish doesn't make it a any better. You're also assuming that such a loophole was well known and apparent from the league rules, when it probably wasn't. I'd quit that league as well, or if I was a commish I'd over turn that move. Anybody who thinks picking up a player that is already playing and adding them to your active roster is anything but a flaw in league setup (unless like the league that Scooby's Hubby mentioned where it is known you can draft and start players from the games that were played).

• Like 1

If I was in a league that allowed that I would quit in a sec. Awful league setup cause it only rewards those guys who can sit in front of a pc 24/7

now this is old school. Ever hear of a smartphone?

I'm on the fence about him. On the one hand, he strikes me as fool's gold who will never come close to matching that kind of production. On the other, I also remember Miles Austin blowing up out of nowhere and maintaining it earning WR 1 numbers the rest of the way out. I also remember thinking, just last year, that Laurent Robinson was fool's gold and he ended up having a very productive year. At the end of the day though, I think I'll let someone else blow a big chunk of their blind bidding budget on him instead and hold off.

As far as being able to pick guys up after their game has started, mid-game even, I am SOOO not a fan of this. Our players lock at kickoff of their game and then a blind bid process on Tuesdays, then first come, first served after the blind bids process at 10pm Tuesdays.

We do this for the sole purpose of people not being able to pick up a player during their game.

To each their own of course, but I personally don't care for it.

Edited by Cunning Runt