[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still love The Huddle...

staniels12

There's so much content available I would never tire of the overall product, but the Start/Bench List of the past decade or so was perfect for me because I could spend 10 minutes or less reading through each game and confirm or question my inital decisions on my weekly lineup. Three pages and I was through the entire week's schedule and able to make more educated decisions when I set my lineup. Same with the Projections by Team page, only it was single-page shopping. At first glance the new Tool does not allow for concise, game-by-game analysis, and this was the draw of the old version for me. I don't see myself reading through the player-by-player rundown each week. I understand the new tool gives a more comprehensive analysis, but the S1/S2 system was more than adequate for a 2nd opinion of sorts applied towards my own inclinations. I will miss the weekly read.

• Like 1

I like the new format. What I'm a little bummed about is the lack of new content on Friday. Some other take on Fridays was a nice feature, whether it was Jumbo's article, the 6-pack, or the back-and-forth of DMD and Tuvey. I think something, at the discretion of the wise webmasters, should take its place. Hopefully the 6-pack isn't gone.

Edited by stethant

Must admit that skimming through the projections takes some getting used to, but that's how all things are when they are new. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet either.

I recommend that we all give it a few weeks before we bash/praise. I mean, we haven't even entered the first Sunday of the season yet and some people seem like they're ready to start cutting throats.

I like the new format. I enter my rosters for the 3 leagues I'm in along with the scoring system. From there I select each league in the filter and I get highlighted rankings list with non fostered players showing a quick overview of projected stats

What if we could tag/select rosters for our franchises within the report, same as we enter our scoring rules for myHuddle?

Then we could easily compare players on our teams and decide who to start. :thinking:

I'm pretty sure you can. Use the myHuddle link to setup your league scoring system & then you can tag players.

Edited by buddahj

I think over the years a lot of FF players have figured out that it is worth it to belong to a site like the huddle. Maybe others in my league are members here and they also liked having the S1, S2 etc laid out for them each week. With the new system it might take a bit longer to digest the information and make good, sound lineup decisions. I can only hope that my fellow league members think this is too much to do each week and I get the advantage as I am putting in more time on research then them.

Just a thought.

I was more dissapointed to see that the player projections and notes were the exact same in the "Start Bench Tool" and "Game Predictions" articles. Basically, we're now getting one set of player projections displayed in two seperate articles. The Game Predictions may be great for pickum or gambling, but it's value for fantasy football has been greatly diminished.

Agree wholeheartedly. The projections by team feature was also perfect. Couple of easy to digest pages and concise to print. Please add these pages back even if you keep the new content format.

I'm in agreement with this and wish we had it back

• Like 1

We are looking into projections by team page that should be more what you want - an interim is the player rankings for RB/WR/TE sorted by team but that would not have QB. Understand that we will continue to refine and improve things and feedback is why we are making changes in the first place.

Starting next week, you will be seeing "Upon Further Review" again where Tuvey and I will be giving our respective takes on a number of interesting players for that week.

The player writeups are the same on the tool and the predictions because they represent what The Huddle is recommending that week - something that was again a much desired thing according to the members who did not like conflicting views because they simply wanted one take on their player to make up their mind (which is why we created the "Upon Further Review" piece initally). Player writeups will tend to be bigger this year because both Tuvey and I are doing them and reviewing every one of them. In essence, we have the one set of recommendations now and yet with the UFR column we still have what we had last year. Tuvey and I agreed on almost all players every week anyway and if we did not it went to the UFR. So really, there is no change from last year since we will write them up again - we just will pull out the differences ourselves because we are reviewing every player before it gets to you and offering the one view in the SB Tool.

What we have and what we do is 100% in relation to what the members collectively want. We could never make everyone 100% happy, but we honestly do try for it.

The new Huddle - dumbed down and sucks up.

You know what? That is a weak, ignorant, trolling, comment if I've ever seen one.

There is nothing dumbed down about the new start bench, and aside from some of the technical hiccups getting things off the ground, it's a very powerful tool for pulling together Huddle information on relevant fantasy players.

I think folks need to give it a try beyond the two whole days it's been out, and realize that sometimes change is a good thing.

(SNLnewsdeskouttahere)

• Like 2

You know what? That is a weak, ignorant, trolling, comment if I've ever seen one.

There is nothing dumbed down about the new start bench, and aside from some of the technical hiccups getting things off the ground, it's a very powerful tool for pulling together Huddle information on relevant fantasy players.

I think folks need to give it a try beyond the two whole days it's been out, and realize that sometimes change is a good thing.

(SNLnewsdeskouttahere)

Agreed. It does take some getting used to, which I already am doing, and I really like the ability to set up your leagues and analyze just the players on your team/in that league. Now if they could just get the glitches out where some of the players aren't appearing, that will be great.

I like it now that I put my teams in there. I guess I had scoring already set up from previous years and didn't realize that going back to "track" players was the place to register your players. I kind of dig the new setup now. :tup: