[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stevan Ridley

Shorttynaz

Dude had over 150 total yards today and a score. Is this his best game of the season, or is he gonna that guy we got in the middle to late rounds who turns into fantasy gold?

I'm happy to say I'm an owner - but not sure what to expect moving forward..

For one week though - dude looked pretty badas$

I didn't like how he got stopped for minimal gain/loss of yards so much. 9 of his 21 runs went for 2 yards or less (ignoring his 1 yd TD plunge). Many went for loss of yards. And before you mention how the game got out of hand and the Titans sold out against the run, 5 of those minimal yards carries were in the first half.

Ridley can rip off big chunks of yardages though as evidenced by 5 carries over 15 yards. I think he has great opportunity to excel based on the offense he plays in but it wouldn't surprise me to see a defense with better contain be able to bottle him up easily.

I didn't like how he got stopped for minimal gain/loss of yards so much. 9 of his 21 runs went for 2 yards or less (ignoring his 1 yd TD plunge). Many went for loss of yards. And before you mention how the game got out of hand and the Titans sold out against the run, 5 of those minimal yards carries were in the first half.

Ridley can rip off big chunks of yardages though as evidenced by 5 carries over 15 yards. I think he has great opportunity to excel based on the offense he plays in but it wouldn't surprise me to see a defense with better contain be able to bottle him up easily.

Pretty much my thoughts on this as well...

Oh ya and TFord your boys looked tough today they are lookin like a force to be reckoned with :clap:

Isn't that every RB? All rbs including the APs of the world are stuffed 6-7 times a game but it's the rbs that can rip off 5 carries for 15 Yds or more that are difference makers. Is he the second coming? No. But I watched him a lot in the preseason and he's more talented then BJGE, will catch more balls, and will get a lot of the goal line carries for one of the top offenses in the NFL. If this keeps up he'll finish as a low end RB1

Started him in all 3 Leagues I drafted him in. If the Law firm can get 11 TDs in this offense, no reason Ridley can't.

As a fellow Ridley owner I tend to agree, but I am however very scared of Belichick. Who knows what he will do and why. I wouldn't even be the least surprised if he for no apparent reason brought back old man Kevin Faulk as the primary ball carrier at some point.

As a fellow Ridley owner I tend to agree, but I am however very scared of Belichick. Who knows what he will do and why. I wouldn't even be the least surprised if he for no apparent reason brought back old man Kevin Faulk as the primary ball carrier at some point.

I'm not too scared. BJGE did it with all those guys there too.

I'm not sure why you would say that, didn't they let go of BGE for the sole purpose of having Ridley become the #1 guy? Belichick doesn't strike me as Shannigan type coach, dam that mofo I had Morris and Helu but was hoping Helu would get the nod :(

I'm not too scared. BJGE did it with all those guys there too.

I'm not sure why you would say that, didn't they let go of BGE for the sole purpose of having Ridley become the #1 guy? Belichick doesn't strike me as Shannigan type coach, dam that mofo I had Morris and Helu but was hoping Helu would get the nod :(

I should probably have added a smiley or something, because I was only semi-serious. I don't think Belichick will name a new starting RB every week like Shanahan does, and I do think Ridley will be the clear cut RB1 in Patriots this season, but what I do fear is that Belichick will find ways to destroy or diminish Ridley fantasy value in a few weeks along the way. Either by trying to force a RBBC with Vereen and Woodhead even if doesn't work, or just get them enough involved to cut enough inte Ridley's fantasy production . Maybe he will abandon the run for large parts of games or something like that.

Belichick is no Shanahan (nobody is besides Shanahan) but he is not rock solid either and he will try out new things even if everything is working. That may be one of his strengths as a HC, but as a fantasy owner he can be frustrating. But we will have to wait and see what happens, and hope that it doesn't happen in the fantasy playoffs (not that I will reach the playoffs anyway this year).

all projections I looked at for Ridley had him under 1,000 yards rushing. I will take that considering where I drafted him, usually. I'm not expecting big rushing yards, but am expecting double digit TDs.

I should probably have added a smiley or something, because I was only semi-serious. I don't think Belichick will name a new starting RB every week like Shanahan does, and I do think Ridley will be the clear cut RB1 in Patriots this season, but what I do fear is that Belichick will find ways to destroy or diminish Ridley fantasy value in a few weeks along the way. Either by trying to force a RBBC with Vereen and Woodhead even if doesn't work, or just get them enough involved to cut enough inte Ridley's fantasy production . Maybe he will abandon the run for large parts of games or something like that.

Belichick is no Shanahan (nobody is besides Shanahan) but he is not rock solid either and he will try out new things even if everything is working. That may be one of his strengths as a HC, but as a fantasy owner he can be frustrating. But we will have to wait and see what happens, and hope that it doesn't happen in the fantasy playoffs (not that I will reach the playoffs anyway this year).

actually I saw some of that already against Tenn, when Ridley had it going, he still got taken off the field in favor of Woodhead for long stretches, so yea I see your point. I think it'll only get worse when Vareen gets back, hoping Ridley is still the goal line RB though.

I think it's too much to expect a top 10 season out of Ridley. As some have noted, Belichick is notorious for varying game plans, and changing personnel packages (especially at RB) to suit those plans. I think Ridley will have his share of busy games, but I also think we'll see a fair number of 5-10 touch games. Going to be a tough guy to rely on for fantasy.

I think the only danger to Ridley losing RB1 snaps at this point is Ridley - more particularly, Ridley fumbling. If he starts fumbling and Vereen is back and healthy, I have no question that Beli will flip the switch real quick. If that happens, I actually think it's Vereen that has more potential as a true 3-down back.

As an aside, Beli actually prefers having a single workhorse back - Pats just haven't had one in recent memory. He stated as much in an interview (can't recall when/where) where he said last great back they had was Corey Dillon . . . and he doesn't see a Corey Dillon anywhere on his roster.

I think the only danger to Ridley losing RB1 snaps at this point is Ridley - more particularly, Ridley fumbling. If he starts fumbling and Vereen is back and healthy, I have no question that Beli will flip the switch real quick. If that happens, I actually think it's Vereen that has more potential as a true 3-down back.

As an aside, Beli actually prefers having a single workhorse back - Pats just haven't had one in recent memory. He stated as much in an interview (can't recall when/where) where he said last great back they had was Corey Dillon . . . and he doesn't see a Corey Dillon anywhere on his roster.

Lawrence Maroney was drafted to be that - the true workhorse.. Sammy Morris was getting the bulk of the carries a few years ago and was excelling in that role.. But injuries ended that plan - along with the addition of all the other RB's.

Lawrence Maroney was drafted to be that - the true workhorse.. Sammy Morris was getting the bulk of the carries a few years ago and was excelling in that role.. But injuries ended that plan - along with the addition of all the other RB's.

Indeed. They took Vereen pretty high (way ahead of Ridley), so that should be some indication of who they had bigger plans for. Especially in this O, they want a back who excels in both the running and passing games to be on the field (which is why Sammy Morris was such a great fit). BJGE was the primary guy for 2 reasons, IMO - (1) he never fumbled and (2) he never, or very rarely, lost yardage.

It seems like this is a time to sell high. Ridley will probably get double digit TDs, but nothing is more nerve wracking than week to week inconsistency. I want a guy who gets me either 100 total yards or a TD most weeks. I think the weeks of Ridley hitting both of those milestones will be few and far between. Vereen returning will be a wake up call to people with top 10 hopes.

Indeed. They took Vereen pretty high (way ahead of Ridley), so that should be some indication of who they had bigger plans for. Especially in this O, they want a back who excels in both the running and passing games to be on the field (which is why Sammy Morris was such a great fit). BJGE was the primary guy for 2 reasons, IMO - (1) he never fumbled and (2) he never, or very rarely, lost yardage.

Vereen only played 5 games since being drafted, I doubt his draft position has anything to do with anything by now and doesn't help that he's started off this season having another serious injury.

Edited by LbNiners
  • Like 1