[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Reality Check

Ditkaless Wonders

DW,

Thanks for the clarification on the schedule stuff. Since I didn't realize CHI-GB was in GB and didn't know that you meant the schedule after that was heavily road weighted I didn't see your point. I agree that GB doesn't want to lose again and go down 0-2, divisional loss, 2 conf losses, etc.

I was unaware that I did this. In fact I do not believe this is so.

Post #18

You have to give DoG some credit. He appears to be attempting to extend his horizons by venturing out and attacking new people, although he hasn't seemed to have lost his fixation and is still doing some serious projection. On the other hand, he did refrain from calling me (or you by association) an a-hole in this unsolicited attack.

There may be some hope...

Actually I went so far as to apologize for dragging him in the mud you seem to enjoy wallowing in. Would you care to show me where I attacked him?

Or wait, I thought it was a fascination about you? If you could clarify, so I can keep with what I'm thinking. TIA.

The reality is... the Packers suck. :)

Why was the Packers defense rated so high here? Was it just about turnovers? That rating must have hurt a lot of teams last week unless they got the return TD.

I'm not saying you did that but just asking why?

Why was the Packers defense rated so high here? Was it just about turnovers? That rating must have hurt a lot of teams last week unless they got the return TD.

I'm not saying you did that but just asking why?

Why shouldn't they get the return TD?

Couple things regarding Packers defense, and its been discussed before. Fantasty football team defense scoring is usually tied to 3 things, turnovers, sacks and points scored. Unless you get a huge bonus for points scored, the bulk of the scoring comes from sacks and turnovers. Since GB scores a lot and has a decent defense, they force teams to try and score which results in TOs and sacks.

As far as return TD, that was a punt return, not everybody does defense and special team combined. (We do not, just defense, so special teams scores do not count, but int/fumble returns do.)

At my draft I noticed a lot of guys just drafting the same old "top Ds" from the past, PIT, BAL, NE, etc. Doesn't seem that many looked at defensive scoring even though it isn't new to us. I commented to a few guys that many teams with average NFL defense were actually very good in fantasy. They looked at me like I was crazy. I think GB and DET are good examples of that, they may give up points, but they also get sacks and turnovers.

Couple things regarding Packers defense, and its been discussed before. Fantasty football team defense scoring is usually tied to 3 things, turnovers, sacks and points scored. Unless you get a huge bonus for points scored, the bulk of the scoring comes from sacks and turnovers. Since GB scores a lot and has a decent defense, they force teams to try and score which results in TOs and sacks.

As far as return TD, that was a punt return, not everybody does defense and special team combined. (We do not, just defense, so special teams scores do not count, but int/fumble returns do.)

At my draft I noticed a lot of guys just drafting the same old "top Ds" from the past, PIT, BAL, NE, etc. Doesn't seem that many looked at defensive scoring even though it isn't new to us. I commented to a few guys that many teams with average NFL defense were actually very good in fantasy. They looked at me like I was crazy. I think GB and DET are good examples of that, they may give up points, but they also get sacks and turnovers.

And against top offenses a lot of points are often scored against. Last year GB was 19th in that stat according to NFL.com. They do have a lot of young defensive players that will help in time, but it will take time.

ADD-I rarely draft a top defense. Every year it seems the top D's are different.

Edited by Randall

Well isn't the nice change of pace for Huddle topics...everybody is so nice and lovely!

Can I find a friend too?

I'm not too worried about Green Bay. I think it's better for them to start off slow in comparison to the blazing start they had last year.

I'm trying to trade for Rodgers right now and I'm definitely looking forward to the game Thursday night.

Go Bears.