[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johnson, can we have a discussion?

Scorcher

On CBS Phil Simms said Johnson was up against the toughest pass rush in the league and also stated that he thought CJ2k would have a good year. Patriots did look very tough o the run. CJ2K wasn't projected very high in start bench. In PPR he was a little better because of his involvement in the pass game. I watched the game, but I know there are others on this board that see a lot more than I do in games. Was Johnson just against a tough run D? How do you guys with more knowledge see him down the road.

Not that it matters much, because it's not as if the fix is easy, but dude was having to make his first move before he even got to the line.

That said, the few times he got a little space, he didn't exactly do anything special, but those times were few and far between.

In other words, it may or may not be fair to blame him or say he's complacent. However, that is little consolation to those of us who have him. Thankfully for me, I only ended up with him in one league.

Chris Johnson didn't try hard last year. That was reason enough for me to know that I'd never own him on any of my teams again. Just watch the guy. He doesn't have the fire he used to. How many dud performances does he have to put up for people to understand that. Some guys fight hard to get a good contract. Others use it as an excuse.

Whether or not he has the physical skills I don't think is in question. He's gifted. But when a RB has so much quit in him, he's not making my roster.

My advice to CJ owners: Bench him. And, then after his first 70+ yard game, trade him. You'll get a decent WR2. Let's see if I was right about 10 games from now.

Local radio was all over him today, talking about not running North and South...too much dancing trying to bounce outside vs. just taking what is there.

I haven't watched that much Titans football, so can't say with any certainty, but I'd bet that this is a big part of the problem.

Before defenses had him figured out, he could just run and make a guy miss or hit the edge and he was off to the races.

I saw the Falcons do similar things to try to take away Charles yesterday as what defenses might be doing to Johnson, but the difference may be that Charles seems to do a better job of taking what the defense gives him.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I haven't watched that much Titans football, so can't say with any certainty, but I'd bet that this is a big part of the problem.

Before defenses had him figured out, he could just run and make a guy miss or hit the edge and he was off to the races.

I saw the Falcons do similar things to try to take away Charles yesterday as what defenses might be doing to Johnson, but the difference may be that Charles seems to do a better job of taking what the defense gives him.

This may not come across the way I want it to, but I've always thought that what the great RBs do is take what is there first, THEN start making things happen. Making something out of nothing just isn't a viable career strategy.

The body can't take 2,000 yards rushing in the NFL.

6 backs have done it once. After running for 2,000 yards:

OJ Simpson only had 2 more seasons with 1,500+ rushing yards;

Eric Dickerson only had 2 more seasons of 1,500+ rushing yards

Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis and Jamal Lewis never saw 1,500 rushing yards again after their 2,000 yard season.

i drafted him with the 8th pick in my league this year. i think he will be fine. he is basically all they have right now in Tennessee. things will open up here once Kenny Britt gets back on the field.

I drafted him 11th in a 10 team league... Im also very curious to see what happens when Britt gets on the field... I will make my decision after week 3/4....

I don't have either but would be worried about CJ this year and am glad I dont have him on any of my teams...

McFadden is going to have a better year but if he has more games like last night he isnt making it through the season.

He got hit a LOT last night ... he may have put up decent fantasy numbers (in PPR format) but he cant take that

kind of punishment on a weekly basis.

Tough SOB