[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sure hope the old adage ...

Grits and Shins

... that championships are won in free agency is true.

Apparently my local draft didn't go as well as I thought ... cut 4 players today for 4 free agents.

:unsure:

I did pass on Alfred Morris ... we'll see if that comes back to bite me. I just HATE having a RB coached by Shanny.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I made a real rookielike mistake in my main local and took talent on the board over needs and left myself really sucking wind at 2 back in a rb strapped league . the wire is bare :(

Edited by whomper

Who all did u get? I'm going for Morris cause I got forte and sproles as my starters and they are both on bye week 6. Will be dropping Donald brown for him and starting Tate and Morris week 6 if Morris is still starting...

I do have a need at RB as I have Ryan Mathews as my RB2 ... but I felt my need at WR was greater. While I'm not convinced Ogletree is the real deal he was targeted 11 times and I decided to grab him and see what develops. Also grabbed up Andrew Hawkins (9 targets) and Andre Roberts (9 targets).

I actually passed on making a waiver move today. 3 of the 4 players I was considering (Ogletree, Stephen Hill and McCluster) were picked up. I was also considering Moreno to back up McGahee, would probably drop Bernard Scott (backup for Green Ellis) to do that.

I was so thin at RB the last few years I was making 1-2 moves every week churning over the bottom of my roster looking for that gem. At $2 a pop that got expensive, so I'm trying to be more selective this year.

PS Hawkins is another guy I'm watching, he could be a serious contributor on that team.

ARGG ... not enough roster spots .... already having to make the hard decisions

I'm curious how many you have because I've been saying our rosters are too deep and we need to cut back. We start 9 (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, D) and have 9 bench spots, allowing for backups at every starting position. Our WW is always pretty thin, with only the lowest of those mentioned as free agent prospects being availble any given week.

I would kill for 9 bench spots. we start 9 and have only 6 roster spots. On top of that we can only have max 4 RBs and 5 WRs on a roster. Makes it really hard to stash a player.

Yeah I was talking with my co-commish about possibly dropping 1-2 roster spots. Would probably increase waivers (which adds money to a pot split by top scoring teams), increase trades, and generally make teams be more involved. Will be a tough sell, like all rule changes in a long standing (20 years) league.

I'm curious how many you have because I've been saying our rosters are too deep and we need to cut back. We start 9 (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, D) and have 9 bench spots, allowing for backups at every starting position. Our WW is always pretty thin, with only the lowest of those mentioned as free agent prospects being availble any given week.

16 roster spots, start 9

Edited by Grits and Shins