[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richie not so Incognito

rajncajn

Don't get me wrong, I still think Antonio Smith deserves the fine & if it's decided that Incognito was "just playing turtle" then a suspension as well. But I think the NFL should take a closer look at this play & make a determination of what Incognito's intentions were & punish him accordingly as well.

What, like collect documents, interview current and former team mates and coaches, look for pregame and in game statements, examine sideline video and audio tape during the game for any comments by him, determine whether there were any "incentive pools" during the game?

Intention is a tricky thing to prove. I would submit we can never truly know the intentions of another. We can find indicators, perhaps, of intention, but beyond that....

What, like collect documents, interview current and former team mates and coaches, look for pregame and in game statements, examine sideline video and audio tape during the game for any comments by him, determine whether there were any "incentive pools" during the game?

Intention is a tricky thing to prove. I would submit we can never truly know the intentions of another. We can find indicators, perhaps, of intention, but beyond that....

Well we all know that Goodall is the expert on the subject of intent and you seem to think you have a pretty good grasp on the subject as well.

In the video it seems to me that he is trying to injure Smith's ankle. It doesn't take all that writhing and crawling on a person's leg just to hold onto it. Again, just my opinion... But if the league wants to preach player safety and changing the culture then this is the type of thing they really need to look at.

Well we all know that Goodall is the expert on the subject of intent and you seem to think you have a pretty good grasp on the subject as well.

In the video it seems to me that he is trying to injure Smith's ankle. It doesn't take all that writhing and crawling on a person's leg just to hold onto it. Again, just my opinion... But if the league wants to preach player safety and changing the culture then this is the type of thing they really need to look at.

I know. Just busting your hump a bit because you are a good sport and can take it. Good luck to your guys this week. Good luck to them next week as well. The week after, not so much.

As for a grasp on the subject of proving intent, I've been doing it professionally for well over 25 years and I can still not tell you that you can show much about it other than shadows it casts.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I know. Just busting your hump a bit because you are a good sport and can take it. Good luck to your guys this week. Good luck to them next week as well. The week after, not so much.

As for a grasp on the subject of proving intent, I've been doing it professionally for well over 25 years and I can still not tell you that you can show much about it other than shadows it casts.

Yeah, it's definitely a slippery slope and I don't think by any means that they should just dole out a punishment just based on what it looks like on the surface. Take a look at the rest of the game tape, are there other examples of him doing the same? Things like that can give you a better idea if that's what he was trying to do.