[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk me off the ledge re: Aaron Rodgers

Eagles28

It's a place we've all been before, your #1 draft pick has a terrible game statistically, some pundits hit the panic button, and now you feel like you need to take action. In the back of your mind you know you're probably overreacting, but the rest of your brain is telling you doom is imminent. Your own judgement becomes clouded, because you own this player and took him with your first pick.

The Packers have not protected well in week 1 or 2, and yesterday they could not convert first downs to keep drives alive. Rodgers was sacked so many times you wonder how he will hold up both physically and mentally as the season wears on.

While the Seahawks D is underrated in my opinion, I think Rodgers can rebound there with some good numbers. Assuming he does, is it worth shopping him on a high note for a different QB + another player, or does the fact he still put up 24 against a tough niners D mean the Bears game was just a defensive battle abberation? It's not Rodgers himself I am worried about, but more the Packers offense in general. Your thoughts?

Edited by Eagles28

That's why you don't draft QB's in the first round unless its super value. Last year was such an outlier from the norm that it there was no way QB's would match it again this year.

Depends on who you get, but if you can get a quality QB and a stud RB/WR I would not be against trading him.

• Like 1

You really shouldn't be anywhere near the edge, just step away and relax. Niners D was very good. Bears D also pretty good, missing Jennings, Cobb banged up, short week, etc.

Trying to sell now indicates panic and desperation, you would not get adequate value for him.

You really shouldn't be anywhere near the edge, just step away and relax. Niners D was very good. Bears D also pretty good, missing Jennings, Cobb banged up, short week, etc.

Trying to sell now indicates panic and desperation, you would not get adequate value for him.

This. They were playing another tough defense without being to rely on the 2 most sure-handed receivers. Also, I was watching casually, so not sure exactly why, but the Bears did not have an answer for Benson, as he was plenty enough for them to hold a lead and burn the clock as Cutler had no answer against the Packer D (Cutler is never going to live to his potential if that O-line keeps hanging him out to dry)

Was there something I missed where Rodgers had red flags to be concerned about? Because from what I saw, he was placing the balls well, but his recievers either couldn't haul it in, or in the case of the INT, ran the wrong route.

As said above, this would be a terrible time to sell Rodgers, because I just don't see how he's going to continue to struggle when they start getting it together.

Okay thanks everyone for their opinions, good points. No goopster, I have played for almost 10 years now, the game is definitely for me, but I get your point. I also usually go RB, RB, WR, but my QBs have not been great in recent years, so I changed it up this year since I did not feel there was a clearcut #1 RB with my pick this year. It's true Rodgers won't get 4 TDs every week nor would I expect that, just wondering if anybody saw any glaring issues with the Packers offense that I did that could mitigate the fact that Rodgers himself is a phenomenal player. Thanks again for all your comments, I will sit tight with Rodgers, unless I get an offer I can't refuse.

If you drafted Rodgers in first round - which most people did - and you are gonna sell now...well maybe this game isn't for you.

This. Greg Jennings wasn't in the equation which changes a lot of things. For perspective, assume you're going up against Rodgers any week... how worried are you about it? Don't fix what isn't broken.

I look at it like this. He's had a couple of average games against great and good defenses respectively. The packers play the bears twice a year and the games are always closer than they should be compared to how much the bears suck that year. But the bear defense always plays the packer offense tough. Even last year they played them tough. Come off the ledge. Rogers will go beast mode shortly again.

Team is in transition (with Benson) and played 2 tough defenses. Give it time (unless they lose Newhouse) because the defense is transitioning too with a lot of young players. They are getting younger.

If Benson presents a good run O look out.

Adding

They are also trying to get Alex Green in as 3rd down/screen back. Benson has been catching passes pretty well but Green does it well and has good size and speed.

Yesterday I started Cutler but my opponent started Rodgers and I feel very lucky.

Edited by Randall