[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much should I panic over Fitzgerald?

e5volcano

LOL you guys need to chill the F out. He was double teamed basically every single snap by the Patriots. They never let him go anywhere. Most teams will not have that time of discipline and Fitz will be fine.

I am very worried.

I understand. I'd really worry if I were you about being such a moron.

And you don't think he will be double teamed by other teams?

No, of course not, and he and Kolb have such a great rapport of course [/sarcasm]

Fitz was back to top 5 numbers with Skelton in there, but in just over half a season with Kolb last year, he only recorded 38 catches for 658 yards (okay, not too bad) and 2 TDs ( :weird: ).

But I wouldn't expect it to be quite as bad as it has been thus far. The reason they drafted Floyd was to take coverage from Fitz (or else exploit it), so I assume they're still trying to establish other threats, especially when the running game isn't commanding much respect either.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

And you don't think he will be double teamed by other teams?

Other teams will go into the game, planning to DT him (per usual), but most teams don't have Belichick's discipline. No matter what happened or what the situation, Belichick always had 2 men on him with one exception (one goal-line play). I don't think Fitz will see that level of attention for the rest of the year, it was insane.

Other teams will go into the game, planning to DT him (per usual), but most teams don't have Belichick's discipline. No matter what happened or what the situation, Belichick always had 2 men on him with one exception (one goal-line play). I don't think Fitz will see that level of attention for the rest of the year, it was insane.

Seems obvious to me that the way to beat Arizona is to take Fitz out of the game ...

If I was a Fitz owner I would either keep starting him and pray that he at least lives up to the hype of drafting him early or hope to trade based off name alone. I don't see it getting any better for the Cardinals.

Here's what I'm hoping to do.

Really? Because the Cards have so many other ways they can beat you?

Seems that extra coverage on Fitz is going to be omnipresent all year long

I wouldn't consider him to be more than a WR2 or high-end WR3. It's nothing to do with him; it's a simple function of the situation around him

Edited by nelsosi