[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much should I panic over Fitzgerald?

e5volcano

That's not really my point at all (and you didn't bold the "or exploit it" part), and what you're saying kind of plays into what I'm saying.

They're not even really targeting Fitz much from what I've seen, so it seems they're trying to establish other threats. It has little to do with Fitz's production that they don't have other threats that they need to establish to exploit it if they're gonna roll all the coverage his way. That may not "open things up" for Fitz if they do, but nonetheless, I don't think he's going to be so sparsely targeted to put up a 1 catch statline all year.

I understand you qualified your point, but you did lead with it and, given the number of people who defended the notion that complimentary targets are a stat-asset to a truly elite WR1, I saw this heading there.

Det, you do know that once Floyd gets going, that's gonna open things up for Fitz right?

Explain why this actually makes sense.

First, I'll explain why it doesn't:

There is no WR so bad that they don't warrant any attention at all. This isn't like hoops where you can just leave a big man who can't shoot entirely unguarded if he's at the 3 pt line. So, whomever Floyd replaced was drawing a defender. Floyd would have to attract another defender beyond the one that whomever he replaced to open anything up for anyone.

Now, say Floyd does great. So great that teams decide to have someone shadow him beyond the guy who is guarding him. Wanna guess at the last place they're going to pull that guy from? Yep, Fitz. Because, until Floyd replaces Fitz as the single most dangeroud guy on the field, Ds are going to worry about Fitz, and then worry about Floyd in that order. Now, like I said above, that might mean they start running more nickle or dime packages because now they have 2 WRs worth worrying about, but that just means that the running game or underneath routes for the TE opens up. Not Fitz's side of the field.

Now, perhaps Floyd could put up very nice numbers because Ds will refuse to abandon the strategy of making someone besides Fitz beat them, but that's another story entirely.

Edited by detlef

Explain why this actually makes sense.

First, I'll explain why it doesn't:

There is no WR so bad that they don't warrant any attention at all. This isn't like hoops where you can just leave a big man who can't shoot entirely unguarded if he's at the 3 pt line. So, whomever Floyd replaced was drawing a defender. Floyd would have to attract another defender beyond the one that whomever he replaced to open anything up for anyone.

Now, say Floyd does great. So great that teams decide to have someone shadow him beyond the guy who is guarding him. Wanna guess at the last place they're going to pull that guy from? Yep, Fitz. Because, until Floyd replaces Fitz as the single most dangeroud guy on the field, Ds are going to worry about Fitz, and then worry about Floyd in that order. Now, like I said above, that might mean they start running more nickle or dime packages because now they have 2 WRs worth worrying about, but that just means that the running game or underneath routes for the TE opens up. Not Fitz's side of the field.

Now, perhaps Floyd could put up very nice numbers because Ds will refuse to abandon the strategy of making someone besides Fitz beat them, but that's another story entirely.

I was kidding.

I would trade him for a bag of BBQ Fritos right now.

Yeah, but where would somebody buy them? They've been gone from the shelves in stores everywhere for years. I complained to the Frito Lay people stocking the shelves, and they tried to point me to those Honey BBQ twists, of the Chili Fritos, or whatever nasty flavors those are.

I guess they just weren't popular anymore.

Yeah, but where would somebody buy them? They've been gone from the shelves in stores everywhere for years. I complained to the Frito Lay people stocking the shelves, and they tried to point me to those Honey BBQ twists, of the Chili Fritos, or whatever nasty flavors those are.

I guess they just weren't popular anymore.

Dude, the chili fritos are the bomb.

He's been double-teamed his whole career and still put up the career numbers he has. As with last year, he did much better with Skelton under center. Unless Kolb somehow manages to keep the Cardinals winning(and in reality it's their defense winning them games, not Kolb), methinks it's Skelton's job again as soon as he is healthy enough. Then you will see Fitz production returning more to normal