[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come on Stafford!

Grits and Shins

I don't think he was listening.

Don't know what's up with some of these erratic INTs when he's throwing the ball well otherwise.

(Oh, and take it to the advice forum noob. No one cares about your team :moon:)

:rofl: I wonder if there is a specific thread for those kind of posts?

Edited by Scorcher

Stafford had laser targets on Megatron and must have targeted him 3,456 times in tonights game alone. Calvin went 8 for 94 against what might be the best D in the league..and you are worried about Megatron?

Yep, 0 TDs in 2 games, a QB that is having a lot of troubles (including against the Rams, not a stellar D). I didn't say I'm panicking, benching him, or trading him. But I am worried, as a key part of what makes my team good (2 dominant top 5 WR) is not producing so well to start, and have some QB issues.

Stafford had laser targets on Megatron and must have targeted him 3,456 times in tonights game alone. Calvin went 8 for 94 against what might be the best D in the league..and you are worried about Megatron?

THIS

If someone is trading him, I'm buying.

I won (because Bowe, Cruz and Malcolm Floyd blew up a bit) but Stafford did nothing, I mean, NOTHING, to help my cause this week. Shoulda started Alex Fu(king Smith...

My take.

Something does seem off on Stafford. I also think something is off with the Lions in general. Look at the play calling last night. Up until that last drive when they were down two scores, they had a 16-5 1st down run/pass ratio. And up until the last drive when they fell behind by two scores they had a 13-2 run/pass ratio on the prior 15 first downs. That is crazy. That is not Lions football.

What made them a success last season was playing their game. They threw the ball and they didn't care if you knew it. Personally, I think they played right into the 49ers hands last night. For sure run some to keep them honest, but it was too much, especially when it didn't work AND it wasn't like the pass D was getting softer as they ran more.

If you go back to the Rams game, Stafford was just careless. He threw for a ton of yards. He had a very high completion %. He was just careless. The first int in that game was a joke.

So overall I think he will be fine. They need to get back to playing their style of football. There is zero shame in struggling against that great SF D, especially in their building. And the Rams D did pretty well against RGIII yesterday holding him to just over 200 yards. And in that game Stafford was fine, he just gave up the TD's to short runs, Rams rush D has allowed 4 rushing TD's in two games. AND he was careless and threw some dumb picks.

I think he will be fine, but he needs to get back to playing his style of football. And he needs to stop with the mental mistakes and dumb passes he threw against the Rams. He wasn't accurate last night, wind?, but he didn't make many dumb mental decisions like he did against the Rams.