[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which of these RBs would you be most willing to part with to upgrade at WR?

MTSuper7

PPR league, though only 1/2 point for WRs...

Darren Sproles, Doug Martin or Stevan Ridley. Huddle projections for rest of season rankings have Martin 9th overall with Ridley and Sproles at 14th and 15th overall respectively. Before seeing that, I actually felt like Martin was the guy to trade. Now, I'm not as sure.

Bonus question - I have a specific owner that has sent me an offer of Steve Smith and Chris Johnson for Arian Foster. I rejected that offer, as I don't trust CJ2K one bit. What would you counter with?

His WRs: Steve Smith, Brandon Lloyd, Hakeem Nicks, Pierre Garcon

Assume a 1 for 1 trade. Which of my RBs do you trade and which of his WRs do you request?

Thanks!

I would say Ridley is one disastrous game away from being benched knowing as we do the coach in New England. He also could be a sell high player. That being said Sproles was PPR gold last year and Martin I think is the best RB of the lot.

who do you have at WR ?

For his WR's. Steve Smith has a sore knee. New England just brought back Branch and Lloyd hasn't been clicking with Brady as most of us thought he would have. Nicks I love but the injury bug always has a hold of him. Garcon supposedly is almost ready to suit up but that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzie until he actually doesn't. Maybe I'm being a bit to wary but none of them I would actively pursue, with the small exception of Steve Smith.

I have AJ Green and Dwayne Bowe as my current WR1 and WR2. I'm trotting out some riff raff at WR3 (Denarius Moore, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, and just got Donnie Avery from the wire). I could always stand pat and hope one of those WRs emerges in which case I could try to package a RB and Kyle Rudolph (my current and only TE) to upgrade at TE. I really believe in Rudolph though and feel less concerned about him than I do those WRs I just listed.

And yeah, I see your point on Ridley. Belichick's tenuous nature is probably the only reason Ridley isn't higher. If we knew he had a longer leash, he'd probably be a lock for top 10. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I would actually say Sproles. The Saints are going to be pretty terrible across the board this year and he already has to split carries with Thomas and Ingram. Adding in their propensity for throwing the ball a lot, and I just don't see him coming anywhere near last years numbers.

As far as which WR goes, I would probably hope for Smith despite the knee but realistically I don't know if he'll bite on that trade offer.

I agree with Sproles/Smith trade... it is the safest bet... if that does not pan out I think Ridley and Nicks would be a good one long term. Ridley has had a hot start, but the bottom line is with Brady, they are a pass first team. Nicks is consistent, might have a couple 5-10 point games this season but the majority will be 15+.

If I were you I would part with Ridley. I would never get rid of Sproles as he has become Brees' top target which is gold in a PPR league. Doug Martin will get more carries as Josh Freeman is no Tom Brady and he has a lot of potential.

As for your bonus question, I would see if he would accept Ridley for Smith or Nicks. Both Smith and Nicks are injured but they had huge games in Week 2. Both WRs will be great this year as long as they stay healthy.

i'd give up ridley for nicks or smith. sproles is too valuable in ppr and martin is just getting started. ridley plays for belicheck, who is like shanahan 2.0. nicks and smith have the highest ceiling of the four receivers, but do have some injury concerns (smith being the better option IMO).

Trading Sproles in a PPR league sounds like a horrible idea to me. He scored more than a lot of WR1's did last week off just receptions and receiving yards.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how Sproles would be the guy to trade there in a PPR league.. he did mention .5 for WR, but I assume RB is still a full point. In which case, Sproles is a lock for top-10 at RB barring injury. The guy averaged 21 pts over the first two weeks in my PPR league, and the argument that they are going to be terrible makes sproles better than last year if anything - being that they may potentially pass even more than they did last year.

In summary, I would not trade Sproles, nor Martin, unless you're getting a huge upgrade at WR or another position of need. Ridley is the guy to trade if you make any move - remember that Belichek hates you almost as much as Shanahan does. And as was stated, I'd go for Smith then maybe Nicks as far as his WRs are concerned.