[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's grabbing Jerome Simpson this week or next?

BA Baracus

I don't get the love for Jerome Simpson. IMO he is worthless outside of really deep leagues, but we will see how this plays out. I think I have better options on my bench in all my leagues, so I will not pick him if he is actually available in one of my leagues.

725 yards and 4 TD's last year, he's at least worth talking about. :shrug:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

725 yards and 4 TD's last year, he's at least worth talking about. :shrug:

I agree. Maybe papajohn's league has a really short bench, or only 8 teams.

Maybe it would help if he told us who his better options on the bench are that make him feel comfortable ignoring Simpson.

Looking at Huddle ROS, he's in the top 60 WR (low 50s), so that would make him a WR5 in a 12 team league. Seems worthy of a roster spot in most leagues based on that.

I agree. Maybe papajohn's league has a really short bench, or only 8 teams.

Maybe it would help if he told us who his better options on the bench are that make him feel comfortable ignoring Simpson.

Looking at Huddle ROS, he's in the top 60 WR (low 50s), so that would make him a WR5 in a 12 team league. Seems worthy of a roster spot in most leagues based on that.

I stated my opinion and nothing else. If I really don't believe in Simpson then it really doesn't matter what size my bench is or how many owners there is in my league(s). I didn't know we had to agree on everything, but at least Jerome Simpson will be interesting to follow now.

I stated my opinion and nothing else. If I really don't believe in Simpson then it really doesn't matter what size my bench is or how many owners there is in my league(s). I didn't know we had to agree on everything, but at least Jerome Simpson will be interesting to follow now.

Never said we had to agree. You're welcome to your opinion, but it often helps to hear why people have these opinions. You seem to have no interest in Simpson, despite his decent numbers last year and expectations by people that he produce similar numbers when he returns. I thought maybe it was because of your specific team/league. Apparently those don't matter. You just generally don't believe in him. Thanks for the clarification/explanation.

Never said we had to agree. You're welcome to your opinion, but it often helps to hear why people have these opinions. You seem to have no interest in Simpson, despite his decent numbers last year and expectations by people that he produce similar numbers when he returns. I thought maybe it was because of your specific team/league. Apparently those don't matter. You just generally don't believe in him. Thanks for the clarification/explanation.

Plus he's on a much better team this year with a stud of a young QB. :unsure:

Plus he's on a much better team this year with a stud of a young QB. :unsure:

I'm sure you realize this, Mr. Viking Fan, but Ponder is #6 in QB Rating, #1 in completion-percentage, and is throwing over 250 yards/game. This is with a "gadget play WR" as the #1 and a bunch of scrubs.

I'm not saying Ponder's a potential stud, but he's off to a decent start. Give the kid a couple more weapons (and not saying Simpson is a big-time weapon) and we'll see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

my crystal ball says jerome has a breakout game in week 5. at least i hope so, as i'm forced to start him with 3 players on bye week.

I will probably start my newly acquired Mr. Hartline over Simpson this week which will all but ensure that Simpson goes for 150/2.

I will probably start my newly acquired Mr. Hartline over Simpson this week which will all but ensure that Simpson goes for 150/2.

I started Hartline vs. the Jets because my team was decimated with injuries. After Spiller went down I went ahead and dropped Hartline for Ryan Williams and plugged Williams and Simpson in to the lineup.

I'm a fantasy stud.

Drafted in a league with deep rosters. Still won't get into my line-up with Calvin out this week, going with Fitz, DemThomas and Lance Moore.

Looks like you might be starting after all, not looking so good for Moore this week.

I have him in two leagues and I am forced to start him in one due to injuries/bye weeks. He has a good matchup this week, but so does AP, so I could see this game devolving into something like the Detroit game last week. If Hasselback had Britt to throw to, I would be more excited about JSimp's chances at a big game.

Looks like you might be starting after all, not looking so good for Moore this week.

I have him in two leagues and I am forced to start him in one due to injuries/bye weeks. He has a good matchup this week, but so does AP, so I could see this game devolving into something like the Detroit game last week. If Hasselback had Britt to throw to, I would be more excited about JSimp's chances at a big game.

Yep had to make a decision Thursday night because I wasn't sure I'd be able to adjust my line-up during the weekend while traveling, so I plugged Simpson in. Sure enough Moore was out, as was my only other available WR (Barden). So what does Simpson do, get hurt during warm-ups. :sad:

Man I hate fantasy football sometimes. 1-4 and looking at another lost season.