[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why wont Yahoo let me cut C Johnson

choptalk

Dave: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dave: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL.

HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dave: Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Dave: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.

Dave: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore. Open the doors.

HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

When you play in public YAHOO leagues the do not cut list is there to prevent a owner from getting mad and waiving his best players to mess up the league. As someone posted above, you can turn it off.

Dave: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

Dave: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dave: What's the problem?

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dave: What are you talking about, HAL?

HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dave: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL.

HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dave: Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?

HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Dave: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.

HAL: Without your space helmet, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.

Dave: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore. Open the doors.

HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

:clap:

there is no possible reason to cut Chris Johnson after week 2 . get a grip !

And there's no possible reason for a fantasy league to limit what players can be dropped from a team.

Oh, and talk to Second String or others who play in a league with a very short bench. In those cases people may have a legitimate reason to cut CJ1YPC for somebody else that they need to start.

And there's no possible reason for a fantasy league to limit what players can be dropped from a team.

Oh, and talk to Second String or others who play in a league with a very short bench. In those cases people may have a legitimate reason to cut CJ1YPC for somebody else that they need to start.

It is a setting that CAN be turned off

It is a setting that CAN be turned off

Thanks I got that already. I just think it is lame that any fantasy league be run that way, but then I don't play in free internet leagues with anonymous people.

IMHO there is more legitimate reason to want to cut CJ1YPC than there is to have a do not cut list.

Thanks I got that already. I just think it is lame that any fantasy league be run that way, but then I don't play in free internet leagues with anonymous people.

IMHO there is more legitimate reason to want to cut CJ1YPC than there is to have a do not cut list.

I disagree. When I started out playing FF, I was in a free internet league. An owner got pissed because a trade was voted down. He waived his entire team. This created a huge clusterfluck and ruined the league. The Do Not Cut list is there to prevent that. The commish can turn it off if there is no reason to have it on, but, when you play with a bunch of people who you don't know, it does prevent some shenanigans.

Why cut a guy you can get value for? Someone will trade for CJ. Seems like a silly post to me. If you want to cut CJ, let your commish know. He can make it happen.

Yahoo has leagues (like MFL or CBS etc) that have pay leagues setup that you join and play against strangers.

loaf,

Yeah I know that too. But we don't kow if this is a pay or free league. We also don't know if is internet (don't know the other owners) or not. What get's me is this "Yahoo won't let me cut the guy". It isn't Yahoo, it is how your league is set up. You should try to know your league rules/setup before playing.

To Ikirc's point, I suppose there could be a need for such a rule in a league like that. But in your example, I'm not sure how much can a free league where you don't know anybody really get all screwed up.

I guess I just don't see the point in playing in a league like that (free or eveny anonymous). But to each his own.

loaf,

Yeah I know that too. But we don't kow if this is a pay or free league. We also don't know if is internet (don't know the other owners) or not. What get's me is this "Yahoo won't let me cut the guy". It isn't Yahoo, it is how your league is set up. You should try to know your league rules/setup before playing.

To Ikirc's point, I suppose there could be a need for such a rule in a league like that. But in your example, I'm not sure how much can a free league where you don't know anybody really get all screwed up.

I guess I just don't see the point in playing in a league like that (free or eveny anonymous). But to each his own.

Yes. I have learned that free leagues suck. I was just trying to point out the reason this type of feature was originally implemented.

I try to never cut players in anger. It doesn't end well.....

Yes. I have learned that free leagues suck. I was just trying to point out the reason this type of feature was originally implemented.

I try to never cut players in anger. It doesn't end well.....

This.

I'm mad at CJ also, but I'm not about to cut him. There are other teams who are so terrible at running back that he would help them. I'd rather him sit on my bench than do that...