[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's starting Andre Brown tonight and who are you benching to do it?

BA Baracus

I paid 10% of my available RFA and FA cash for Brown and started him in DW. I bid 9 and the next highest bid was 3 I think. I needed the RB help even if only temporary so I was getting this guy! I have been riding with Hillis and McGahee as my only viable options.

Not positive who I am starting him over yet but it will probably be one of my receivers. All I know for sure is he started and I am happy with the money spent.

my question is, whats his value moving forward? is he a one hit wonder or will he be relevant when bradshaw returns?

Good question. On merit, he'd easily start ahead of Bradshaw, though we know it doesn't always work that way when you've got an established veteran starting. But, I watched the Bucs game twice, and now tonight's performance, and Brown looks like the real deal. He finds the hole and runs with authority. He runs through tacklers for the extra yard. He can catch the ball, and he can protect the QB. For a guy who's been a career third stringer/practice squad guy, there is nothing tentative about his approach. I love the way he carries himself and I've got to assume he's earned a boatload of respect from Coughlin too. What all this means to his overall value remains to be seen, but the team has absolutely sucked running the ball recently and Brown is head & shoulders the best RB on the team right now. In my opinion he's earned at least a 50/50 split when Bradshaw comes back, including all of the goal line duty. Then if he continues to play like a stud and Bradshaw continues his slide, it only stands to reason that the touches start to tip in his favor.

After tonight I think it's safe to dump Wilson also. The kid is clearly just not ready.

I benched A. Brown(Antonio) in order to start A. Brown(Andre) tonight.

I surprisingly won the free agent auction for Brown in my BoTH league because of FJax's injury and because RB depth is so frightenly hard to get in that league. I bid high but not crazy, $168 of my $1000 budget, but figured he might turn into more than a 1-2 week fill-in based on Bradshaw's injury history and Wilson's fumbleitis.

my question is, whats his value moving forward? is he a one hit wonder or will he be relevant when bradshaw returns?

I think if Bradshaw is healthy he's clearly getting the majority of carries, but Brown has more than earned the backup spot and maybe even some short yardage and goal line carries when Bradshaw is back. Obviously he's only start worthy if Bradshaw is out, but based on Bradshaw's history, that might be more than just a few games. Wilson will still get his chance somewhere down the line, with all the G-men have invested in him, but I don't think he takes much work away from Brown unless Brown gets hurt himself or performs poorly.

Amazing how Wilson comes in so highly touted, only to lose his spot so fast to a nobody who simply made the most out of the opportunity when he got it.

Or did you REALLY want to know who's starting Andre Brown? What a stupid title. What a stupid Forum. These posts are useless. They used to be worthwhile and insightful.

Really, who cares who started who?

Moderator should probably strike these, but I think I make a fair point... no hard feelings.

What's the point of any post about fantasy football moves on a fantasy football forum? Life is pointless. :what:

He will have plenty of value moving forward. Bradshaw will always be dinged to some degree and the NYG will use two backs as much as they can as they have in the past. After last night, I wonder if Bradshaw will "heal" a little quicker than in the past. I know its a neck and that is nothing to joke at, but he is the master of never practicing and playing on Sunday. I doubt there will be a whole lot of that this year. I want to say he will be this years DeMarco Murray, but Murray didn't have a proven back in front of him when he got the chance, Brown does.

I'm not starting him...because some useless website went on and on about telling me to draft David Wilson....never thinking one silly fumble would change it all.

No seriously, the Huddle is a bunch of fantasy writers...and they had little perspective on what it really meant when he fumbled and cried. JUM tweeted about it, but he's not here anymore.

It completely sucks to watch this game.

Maybe they couldn't have known...or could they? Just wondering....and wondering why I pay my money. Rain the hate, clones...

Geez, what a freaking whiner.

Amazing how Wilson comes in so highly touted, only to lose his spot so fast to a nobody who simply made the most out of the opportunity when he got it.

Yeah and how dare The Huddle (and every other site) not predict that for us. ;)

Edited by stevegrab

As Bradshaw goes, so goes Brown. The kid showed he can make plays. He also showed he needs to improve in his pass blocking. Panthers D has not scared anyone so far. With more of a pass rushing D Line, he could be a liability. Admittedly, I didn't see much of the game when he took over for Ahmad, so I don't know how he did in those situations. I only have last night and watched him give ground all the way to a sack.