[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too many leagues?

BA Baracus

I think that I have gone to far this year. I have been in 3 leagues for several years, but I am in 5 this year. I feel like maybe this is too many because no matter what I root for, I'm rooting against myself in one league or another.

Maybe this is good because I have found it easier to watch games and detach from the up-to-the-second fantasy scoring.

Maybe it's bad because I can't remember who I started on which teams and I have to check in order to know. With three teams, I always knew.

Anyhow, just a bunch of rambling here, but I was wondering what you guys thought about multiple leagues. Do you think it dilutes the whole FF experience or does more = better?

It's been said here before, and I agree that it can actually be liberating to not stress what your players do when you have a bunch of leagues going.

I'm down to just 4 this year (absent a few free BS leagues) though, and what I do now is just root on my players without little regard for what my opponent is doing. There's nothing you can do about your opponent's lineup anyway, so it's much easier to just concern myself with what I can control, my lineups.

Then through the process of elimination I can see by Sunday and Monday what kind of weird scenarios I need to happen.

I don't think there's any right or wrong answer to how many is too many. It depends on your level of interest to whether you can handle it or not.... Although I will say that if you're already a nerd about it, it's not a ton harder to manage multiple teams than just 1 anyway.

I couldn't do just one. I'd pine over it way too much.

At 5 I'm feeling like I need to keep up with just a few too many players now. I think that I will be reverting to 3 or 4 next year, but we'll see how it goes. This hobby of our is just so damn fun that it's stressful!

I couldn't do just one. I'd pine over it way too much.

At 5 I'm feeling like I need to keep up with just a few too many players now. I think that I will be reverting to 3 or 4 next year, but we'll see how it goes. This hobby of our is just so damn fun that it's stressful!

I could see how one may think that way, but imagine REALLY rooting for just one set of players. It becomes that much more important.

When I was in a high-stakes league, THOSE players were the ones I really tracked. All my other leagues' were just an afterthought. I mean, it was nice to win and all, but I really didn't care as much.

Now that I'm not in that league anymore, my interest has waned significantly so I think dropping it to one league may spark it up a bit. I dunno.

I've done two things to make my FF experience better - I cut down to 4 leagues and I don't look at any of my opponents' lineups for the week. That way I have a life away from FF and I don't have negative thoughts about any players I'm up against each week. My stress level has gone way down.

I've done two things to make my FF experience better - I cut down to 4 leagues and I don't look at any of my opponents' lineups for the week. That way I have a life away from FF and I don't have negative thoughts about any players I'm up against each week. My stress level has gone way down.

Agreed. I'm down to 2 leagues this year and unless I have time to be a couch potato all Sunday I try avoid looking at my opponents roster.

I posted something similar a couple years ago. Had to scale back including leaving a BOTH dynasty that I really enjoyed. In the end, you have to keep it fun. I am now at three, but only one that I truly care about. The only reason I'm even in one f the two other ones is that it's an auction draft which I really love. I can't convince my main local to go that route. If I ever did, I'd probably drop the smaller stakes auction. The third league is a work league - lots of dead money so it feels like an unprofitable decision to leave it.

I stopped stressing about players during the games. I don't look at my opponents line ups until games are over Sunday afternoon. I don't watch the score board or stat lines any more. I just watch the game. Check scoring after the games.

Yup. At my peak (about 8 years ago) I had 8 or 9 money leagues, I wasn't even watching games (except for the Packers) I was just trying to get stats all day Sun.

I'm down to 2 now (could actually add 1 or 2) and have stopped looking at my opponents players until Sun night or even Mon. I'll know who I have and pay attention to highlights or tickers but not sit at the computer tracking everything. So much less stressful and can enjoy football.

Nice way to approach it. :tup:

I personally have never had more than four teams and usually play in two or three. That allows me to sometimes surprise the hell out of my wife when I suggest we do something together. She always asks "but isn't there a game on?" and I get to reply with "Yes, but I'm just feeling like I really need some quality time with you" when in reality I just don't have any players in that game. ;) (Also works when your opponent is scoring the sixth highest weekly total in league history and you're going to lose no matter what your players do. Thanks Theohiostate, lol.)

Edited by Tripleshot

I went down to 1 the last two years. This year I am back up to 4. 3 pay leagues and one neighborhood free league for a trophy only. It can be too much but I think it just depends how much time you have to put in. You also have to make sure it does not take away from enjoying life. Its just different for every person. I like being in more than league as you have a better chance of being in contention in at least one league. Makes the season more fun.