[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Network coverage of Thursday Game

Atlas

This is the first year I have the NFL Network and first time this season I really paid close attention to a game I was interested in.

Just some observations....

1. Cello Green is no Faith Hill--is that the target demographics you really wanna reach?

2. All five "experts" on pregame picked the Panthers--guess they don't know much more than you or I

3. Giants kick a filed goal to go up 26-0---scoreboard at the bottom of the screen registers the

3 points for Carolina--and we're worried about replacements refs?

4. I didn't recognize either of the 2 guys calling the game, but the little one was annoying-- I finally resorted to turning off the sound to listen to Bob Poppa, Carl Banks and Howard Cross.

Carl Banks and Howard Freakin Cross!!

5. I had to retun to the TV broadcast because they were a full 12 seconds (or so)delay behind the radio -- NFL was still in commercial while the first play back was completed on the radio side

It was like watching instant replay.

With all that being said, I'll be glad I have it for that 3rd game on Thanksgiving

Didn't Deion pick the Giants? And I didn't think Eiesen makes a pick,

I don't really care for the opening intro song stuff on any of these games. I guess I'm in the minority amongst sports fans, but I DVR the game, join it in progress and skip all the BS I don't want to see (pre game hype, singing and dancing, etc.) SNF song is ok, only because of the eye candy of Faith Hill.

Oh no, not a scoring mistake, Have to agree here. Did they fix it quickly? (I didn't even notice it.)

The announcers are much better than what they started with several years ago.

ETA Ok, apparently I missed Deion picking CAR, he was gushing so much about the Giants earlier I just assumed he picked them. And Eiesen did pick the Giants (was corrected by a friend when discussing the same thing.)

Edited by stevegrab

Wait till next week when Cleveland invades Baltimore!

And the whole country can see on TV how bad we are. I sure hope we beat the Bills this weekend, otherwise it is an 0-4 start.

I noticed as they showed their schedule for NFLN games that at one point they have 6 straight divisional matchups (starting a few weeks after the CLE-BAL game).

I really noticed this last year. NFL network is just years behind the majors in production value. That will change with experience though, and they will get better talent in eventually.

Geesh, i just looked the up and they have been on the air for almost 10 years. Red Zone has been on for 3 years and that probably was huge for their subscription base. They should be doing so much more

Mayock knows the game and I like him. That said, he could take a lesson from Vin Scully...you don't have to talk NON STOP EVERY SINGLE SECOND for viewers to enjoy the game

When they were reviewing the Giant interception late in the game for the down-by-contact call, he was relentless.

I was begging for the refs to come back so I didn't have to hear his comment on the obvious over and over.

You're right. Make the point. Make the call. Then sit back and look good when the refs confirm.