[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So thoughts on Matthews this weekend?

thekerrick

A collar bone is a rare and luck based injury. It says nothing about his durability. If it was his hammy knee or ankle id be a bit more pessimistic. But hey im starting him so i have to be positive.

injuries tend to find guys like Mathews regardless of how rare or how much luck is involved.

Edited by LbNiners

Plugging him in as well, over Percy Harvin, for flex option (feel match up is better, and will get the ball 15-20 times).

Hopefully, injury is behind him. was offered Alfred Morris for him, straight up, but can't trade for a Shanahan back......ever!

It took one carry to give him a broken collarbone in the preseason, saying he will get 12 carries is being generous you'd think.

It was a fluke injury. "Injury prone" guys are more likely to damage muscles and ligaments. It's not as if his bones are weak. It was one of those things that just happens.

Norv Turner has said that once Mathews is cleared to play, he'll have a full workload, and unlike a muscle or ligament injury, they have no concern for re-injury.

Plugging him in as well, over Percy Harvin, for flex option (feel match up is better, and will get the ball 15-20 times).

Hopefully, injury is behind him. was offered Alfred Morris for him, straight up, but can't trade for a Shanahan back......ever!

Harvin should have a really solid week, I would think you'd want to bench someone else.

If you're in a PPR league, you're koo-koo. Heck, even in a non-PPR format I think I'd start Harvin over Mathews.

You do know his history right?

Ya he has a history of ligament and joint injuries. A collar bone just happens. Romo had one and he hardly ever gets hurt enough to sit out. Now Matthews has one and hes an injury train. Its too random to contribute to his injury history.

Ya he has a history of ligament and joint injuries. A collar bone just happens. Romo had one and he hardly ever gets hurt enough to sit out. Now Matthews has one and hes an injury train. Its too random to contribute to his injury history.

Or perhaps it's his running style that makes him more prone to injury, and thus more susceptible to a more "random" type of injury like the broken collarbone.

Dude is just injury-prone... random or not. I stay away. Far, far away.