[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scab Refs now throwing hats in the endzone costing TD

Cowboyz1

Stupid Ref threw his hat in the endzone on a 3rd down play which landed right in the route of Ogletree making him slip down. Cost us a TD. That is rediculous.

Why the hell would he through a hat during a play in the endzone. Throw the darn thing out of bounds. This is now getting dangerous. Ogletree could have blown his knee out on that one.

• Like 1

Saw the replay. Inexcusable. It's only a matter of time until they are directly responsible for someone getting hurt.

Eta misspelling that might actually matter

Edited by STL Fan

Interesting thing in the Rams game in the first half and it might be the one way that the NFL might give a crap about the officiating. TWICE in the first half of this game, the network (Fox) had to cut away from a commercial in progress to go back the the game, which was already in progress. So what, right? Well, when the ref screws up the timeouts and the network has to cut away from a commercial, that advertiser will not pay. Now, they may actually be getting one in the pocketbook. That's where their ears are.

Interesting thing in the Rams game in the first half and it might be the one way that the NFL might give a crap about the officiating. TWICE in the first half of this game, the network (Fox) had to cut away from a commercial in progress to go back the the game, which was already in progress. So what, right? Well, when the ref screws up the timeouts and the network has to cut away from a commercial, that advertiser will not pay. Now, they may actually be getting one in the pocketbook. That's where their ears are.

well when some games run 45 minutes long I assume that would probably cost them money as well.

[

Or in Orlando Brown's face

Yep, was thinking about that specific play when I read STLFan's post, ripping the replaclement refs as if a reuglar ref has never done something that could (or actually did) injure another player.

Besides maybe this ref was just pissed that he missed on getting Ogletree off waivers in his fantasy team, or mad at Ogletree for not scoring more after he did get him off waivers.

Are the guys working the clock also scabs? After the requisite 15 minutes to get their chight together, the refs did realize they needed to run off 10 seconds towards the end of the Cin/DC game when a Skins player got hurt and they had no timeouts. Clock read 1:07 and they were supposed to set it to :57. They said so, but never did.

Maybe instead of insisting the coaches be nice to them when they screw up, they get guys who are less likely to screw up?

I think these replacement refs are just giving fans something to focus on other than their teams being crappy and overrated.

Thes refs don't adminster the game as smoothly as the real refs, but we complained about the real refs every week too.

It is always something. I guess the way to approach it is to play well enough that one or two bad calls won't matter.

As a Lions fan, I don't blame the refs. I blame our brainless coaching staff and a total lack of discipline.

I think these replacement refs are just giving fans something to focus on other than their teams being crappy and overrated.

Thes refs don't adminster the game as smoothly as the real refs, but we complained about the real refs every week too.

It is always something. I guess the way to approach it is to play well enough that one or two bad calls won't matter.

As a Lions fan, I don't blame the refs. I blame our brainless coaching staff and a total lack of discipline.

I was firmly in the "it's not like the other guys are perfect" camp, but it's gotten out of control. And this has nothing to do with sour grapes either about my FF teams or my Niners. Hell, the refs apparently kept giving my coach challenges when they were out of time outs, so it sounds like they're the last guys I can blame for us stinking it up in Minny.

My issue is the fact that all freaking game long, dudes are shuffling around trying to figure out their asses from their elbows.

It's a freaking joke and the owners should be taking major crap for this. This is the second labor situation that they've brought on themselves in as many years. Both times, putting the quality of product at question. So, when the relatively small amount of money that's at stake (and it is tiny in comparison to what the league is worth), we're talking about a small amount of money that they'd previously agreed to pay and now want to strong arm the refs out of. Hence the fact that this is a lock-out and not a strike.

At least with the players, you could make the argument that the balance was not sustainable. But you can hardly make that case with this.

We are way, way beyond "regular refs make mistakes too". This is a debacle and an embarrassment to a professional league. These refs aren't trained or equipped to deal with what they need to be prepared for. It's beyond bush league at this point.

I was firmly in the "it's not like the other guys are perfect" camp, but it's gotten out of control. And this has nothing to do with sour grapes either about my FF teams or my Niners. Hell, the refs apparently kept giving my coach challenges when they were out of time outs, so it sounds like they're the last guys I can blame for us stinking it up in Minny.

My issue is the fact that all freaking game long, dudes are shuffling around trying to figure out their asses from their elbows.

It's a freaking joke and the owners should be taking major crap for this. This is the second labor situation that they've brought on themselves in as many years. Both times, putting the quality of product at question. So, when the relatively small amount of money that's at stake (and it is tiny in comparison to what the league is worth), we're talking about a small amount of money that they'd previously agreed to pay and now want to strong arm the refs out of. Hence the fact that this is a lock-out and not a strike.

At least with the players, you could make the argument that the balance was not sustainable. But you can hardly make that case with this.

So your answer is for the owners to cave into the refs?

Obviously there is a difference. These refs don't know the rules like the regular guys. How could they? They come from division III and lower. They are out of their depth. Now coaches are starting to coach their players to grab and hold more, especially down the field as there is a good chance they won't call it correctly. It makes the games hard to watch.

What is the solution? Who really understands what the real refs are demanding? If they are wanting an old school pension, no one is handing those out these days. Take your money and invest it like the rest of us schlubs have to.

If I was the NCAA I would make sure my refs have an iron clad contract, because ,if this goes on all year, the NFL will be dangling some serious cash at the top tier college officials.

So your answer is for the owners to cave into the refs?

it's not caving if you're the one who initiated the work stoppage. It would be "caving" if the refs went on strike demanding more.

It sums up pretty much like this: The owners think the refs are overpaid, so they locked them out hoping to pay them less. We now have some rather glaring evidence that the alternative to the existing refs is pretty piss poor, which sort of plays into the "you get what you pay for" deal.

Let me ask you this. If you're an NFL ref who just got locked out by your boss demanding you take less money or you can't come back to work, and then you see the crap storm over what a horrible job the scabs are doing, do you "cave"?

it's not caving if you're the one who initiated the work stoppage. It would be "caving" if the refs went on strike demanding more.

It sums up pretty much like this: The owners think the refs are overpaid, so they locked them out hoping to pay them less. We now have some rather glaring evidence that the alternative to the existing refs is pretty piss poor, which sort of plays into the "you get what you pay for" deal.

Let me ask you this. If you're an NFL ref who just got locked out by your boss demanding you take less money or you can't come back to work, and then you see the crap storm over what a horrible job the scabs are doing, do you "cave"?

Seems like the issue is a little more complex than "more money". As I understand it the owners want to either eliminate the pension plan or curtail it, they want the refs to be full time and they want additional crews. Those all sound reasonable to me. Who the heck has pension plans in this day and age, especially if you are PART TIME. I also understand the desire of the NFL to have FULL TIME refs, guys who are dedicated to the game and its rules both during the season and in the off season. Additional crews = more flexibility.

I thought they were not so bad week 1, but weeks 2 and 3 have been bad. embarrassingly so. thing is, I would predict that from here on out they become less and less of an issue each week. I would think the regular refs should take the best deal they can get this week, whatever that deal is. I don't think they will have more leverage than they do right now.