[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to start believing in Alfred Morris?

irish

3rd week in a row getting almost all the carries for Washington and he's throwing down another solid outing - 15 carries 72 yards and 1 TD.

Maybe Skeletor sticks with Morris like he has with Davis and Portis?

Well built one cut & downhill runner who can absorb a lot of carries. That's a prototypical Shanahan RB before he fell in love with speed.

Almost verbatim what Tim Green said on Sirius a few weeks ago, and it's stuck with me ever since. First Shanahan RB I have had in probably 10 years.

And the crazy part is the guy has almost no trade value in fantasy leagues. I am loaded at RB so I tried to move Morris to fill a need at either WR or TE after losing Hernandez and every deal I offered was declined, and the reason from every owner... they want no part in any Shanahan RB. One offer was definitively in favor of the other owner and they still wouldn't take it. I offered the deal after my first offered was declined just to see how jaded people are and sure enough I got my answer.

Maybe you should have traded down for several draft picks so another league member could snag Morris. You wouldn't have the problem of should I trade him or keep him. Just sayin!

LMAO!!!

With all the injuries at RB lately, there ought to be someone in most leagues with a need.

There are plenty that have a need. However, they won't give anything but crap back for him and in MOST cases, don't want him at all, even if I give other quality players back in the trade. Is what it is, I'll hold onto him not because I'm deciding which trade is best for me, or because I'm waiting for a better offer, hell I'm just waiting for one offer or for someone to accept.

Cannot believe I dropped him for a kicker before the season started. I read some blurbs that he was third string and honestly expected Helu to be the guy.

#1 bad move of the season thus far - and especially hurtful when Forte went down.

Edited by Cunning Runt

LMAO!!!

There are plenty that have a need. However, they won't give anything but crap back for him and in MOST cases, don't want him at all, even if I give other quality players back in the trade. Is what it is, I'll hold onto him not because I'm deciding which trade is best for me, or because I'm waiting for a better offer, hell I'm just waiting for one offer or for someone to accept.

If you were in my league I'd try to work out a trade. What do you think you should be able to get in return for AlaMo?

If you were in my league I'd try to work out a trade. What do you think you should be able to get in return for AlaMo?

I was trying to bundle him with a WR2 or 3 to get back a Top WR and a guy like Ryan Williams. I also tried to move Morris and a WR2 or 3 for a top TE and lesser RB or WR.

Enter Ryan Grant

Just when I started believing.....

+1

See, Belichick beat Shanahan to this season's first Shahanigans by giving more carries to Woodhead over Ridley. Never mind that there was a reason and it was because the Pats were running a lot of no-huddle for that game where Woodhead fit better than Ridley. Now Shanahan has to keep pace or risk having ninja RB workload shifts being called Belichickigans, which we all know just doesn't sound as good.

Edited by Tripleshot

The Grant signing has made me feel at least a tad better about including Morris in a deal in a dynasty league where I could have certainly used him. Now, I seriously doubt Grant is going to get the starting nod, but it at least signifies the fact that they are - shockingly - keeping their options open at RB.

When Shannahan has a running back that produces, he gives him all or most of the carries. Even when he is trying out a running back, he will often give him all the carries Shanny just hasn't had a running back that has produced in a long time. But I think Shannahan's ego would love nothing more than to have a running back that put up big numbers. His reputation as a guru of the run game has taken a big hit over the last few years. But 0 catches is worrysome in a ppr league. 1,000 yards with 10 touchdowns isn't much if he ends the year with 15 catches.

I would take that in a heartbeat for a RB3 or even RB2. CHIPS AHOY! after drafting Chris Johnson I would probably rather have Morris.

When Shannahan has a running back that produces, he gives him all or most of the carries. Even when he is trying out a running back, he will often give him all the carries Shanny just hasn't had a running back that has produced in a long time. But I think Shannahan's ego would love nothing more than to have a running back that put up big numbers. His reputation as a guru of the run game has taken a big hit over the last few years. But 0 catches is worrysome in a ppr league. 1,000 yards with 10 touchdowns isn't much if he ends the year with 15 catches.

While I agree, the worrysome thing about Morris is his lack of involvement in the passing game. What happens if the Redskins fall behind in a game and start playing catchup? That's when I fear Morris will be standing on the sidelines.

While I agree, the worrysome thing about Morris is his lack of involvement in the passing game. What happens if the Redskins fall behind in a game and start playing catchup? That's when I fear Morris will be standing on the sidelines.

TD was not an integral part of the DEN passing game. Shanahan in his ideal offense believes in letting the primary RB get his work through a lot of carries plus having pass protection duty, and uses the WRs, TEs, and FB to attack through the air. He is also very reluctant to give up on the running game even if behind by a couple of scores - until the clock forces the issue. He believes in pounding the D with the run to tire it and uses the run to set up the pass, Looks a lot like what WAS is doing right now.

Edited by Bronco Billy