[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collinsworth/Michaels SUCK

Cunning Runt

I am soooooo sick of hearing these guys rip on the officlals. They say something every single play. The first down that Collinsworth was incredulous about - it WAS a first down. Great challenge by Harbaugh and right reversal. But Collinsworth/Michaels were ripping the officials left and right. How about praising the effort of the player to make the reach to get the first down? Hmmmm? How 'bout it?

Those guys just need to worry about calling the game and not mention the officials every play. Gets freaking old.

I like Michaels and Collinsworth and they are 100% right, the officials suck.

No, I really don't think so. Sorry.

And even if they do, their job is not to harp on it the whole game. Very annoying and very much takes away from the enjoyment of watching the game.

And even if they do, their job is not to harp on it the whole game. Very annoying and very much takes away from the enjoyment of watching the game.

Pretty much every announcer, analyst and sportscaster has been talking about hojw bad the refs are. Includes these two, Tirico & Jaws, Buck & Aikman, etc. Heck even the NFL Network guys haven't been silent.

You may not be able to see it, but most others can. I agree it is annoying hearing the announcers talk about it so much, call the game but try to remain impartial on the whole ref thing.

BTW agree that they are good announcers as are most others. Nobody is perfect, they all have faults and make mistakes.

It absolutely is their jobs. They are there to talk about what's happening on the field, and the refs sucking is part of what's happening. There's an easy way to get them to stop talking about refs that suck - get refs that don't suck.

It absolutely is their jobs. They are there to talk about what's happening on the field, and the refs sucking is part of what's happening. There's an easy way to get them to stop talking about refs that suck - get refs that don't suck.

No, it isn't.

They make far too much editorial comment and a lot of times they're wrong in their criticism. I just think that the regular officials make plenty of mistakes themselves but the announcers, and especially Collinsworth/Michaels go out of their way to call attention to what they perceive to be an error because of the replacement aspect and there are times when they're not even right with their criticism - they're criticizing only because they're replacements. They play I mentioned earlier - a first down situation - Collinsworth was just wrong and he got Michaels going and they were both wrong the whole time. Just irritated the heck out of me. I would have much rather seen them call attention to the great play the receiver made to get the first down. THAT is what I think their job is.

Edited by Cunning Runt

No, it isn't.

They make far too much editorial comment and a lot of times they're wrong in their criticism. I just think that the regular officials make plenty of mistakes themselves but the announcers, and especially Collinsworth/Michaels go out of their way to call attention to what they perceive to be an error because of the replacement aspect and there are times when they're not even right with their criticism - they're criticizing only because they're replacements. They play I mentioned earlier - a first down situation - Collinsworth was just wrong and he got Michaels going and they were both wrong the whole time. Just irritated the heck out of me. I would have much rather seen them call attention to the great play the receiver made to get the first down. THAT is what I think their job is.

IIRC, you're the neo-slaver who thinks people should work for free and always takes the part of the owners regardless of the circumstances. Ergo, I think you're pro-replacement because you're against the real refs being in dispute with the owners. That's the reason you don't want the atrocious officiating mentioned.

TWINKIES ANYONE was up with Collinsworth and Michaels bagging on Belichick after the game? Looked to me like he was asking the ref if the FG was good. I'd be asking the same thing given how close it was and how poorly the officials were calling the game. And why the heck isn't that reviewable if it is over the uprights?

And why the heck isn't that reviewable if it is over the uprights?

Because of camera angles, it can't be be positively determined if it is good if above the top of the uprights. Below that, you can see the ball in relation to the uprights.

IIRC, you're the neo-slaver who thinks people should work for free and always takes the part of the owners regardless of the circumstances. Ergo, I think you're pro-replacement because you're against the real refs being in dispute with the owners. That's the reason you don't want the atrocious officiating mentioned.

Definitely pro-ownership on nearly all matters. Pretty much hate unions. That said, ya, I'd much rather have the regular officials back and ya, the replacements leave something to be desired, but I don't need to hear about it all game long from the announcers. Not looking to get into the whole union/anti union thing though. Was just responding to your comment.

Because of camera angles, it can't be be positively determined if it is good if above the top of the uprights. Below that, you can see the ball in relation to the uprights.

Yeah, I've always wondered why they don't have cameras set up for FGs. It wouldn't be hard at all.