[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scoring question - fumbles

Joebirds55

I have Brady in one of my leagues (on CBS)...watched the entire game last night and I've looked at the play by play on there this morning, when did he ever fumble? The only time I recall is when they had the bad exchange but New England recovered, so technically not a fumble lost? Correct?

In my Espn Leauge the Brady owner did not have a fumble lost on his stat line. Anyone else have the same issue? Maybe it's just CBS? Will they correct it? I was following my fantasy score all game too and it didn't look like it showed up on my score until the very end.

(Mainly concerned since I'm up 34 now with Rodgers and lynch going for my opponent. May need those 2 points back)

Interesting, I only see the one fumble by Brady that he recovered, according to the play-by-play

2-11-NE28 (14:02) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady FUMBLES (Aborted) at NE 28, and recovers at NE 28. T.Brady to NE 28 for no gain (P.Kruger).

I do recall a Brady fumble on the snap, but thought Welker recovered.

This is the first year we're doing negative points for fumbles and interceptions, so this has interest to me. We use CBS and it does show the 1 FL (fumble lost). Looking at the scoring categories I don't separate ones for fumbles vs. fumbles lost, although their category does show FL and says fumbles lost.

Could be they'll correct, or maybe they really just mean simple fumbles without regard for who recovers. But that would seem odd if not completely wrong since most leagues are trying to penalize the offensive player for turning the ball over.

Yeah exactly the play I'm talking about. If I remember correctly the center snapped the ball early but it wa recovered by New England.

It seems incorrect since I have Antonio brown, who fumbled twice but only "lost" one. If the Brady scoring is correct then brown should have 2 "FL". Idk, makes no sense

Yeah exactly the play I'm talking about. If I remember correctly the center snapped the ball early but it wa recovered by New England.

It seems incorrect since I have Antonio brown, who fumbled twice but only "lost" one. If the Brady scoring is correct then brown should have 2 "FL". Idk, makes no sense

Yeah, good clarifaction. Mike Wallace also fumbled once in the game but PIT recovered, and he doesn't show any FL.

I'm guessing there will be a correction to Brady, from 1 to 0 FL before the game are final tonight. CBS definitely has that wrong and appeard to be doing the fumble lost properly for other players.

ETA: I don't think FL is if anybody else recovers, only if the other team recovers.

Look at Benjamin Watson (TE-CLE) he fumbled once, recovered by Massaquoi (CLE), and Watson shows 0 FL for that game.

Edited by stevegrab

Yeah I guess we will see. Just odd that there is also a discrepancy on his player page game log vs the ne/Balt game track page....it was weird too that it didn't happen directly after that botched snap, the subtraction in points only occurred literally right as the game ended.

If the game tracker is CBS, then not suprising. I just looked at Brady's player page on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/profile

it shows 1 fumble 0 lost for yesterday's game, so I think its clear the problem is limited to something at CBS.

Anyone else use CBS and have this problem?

Didn't I already make it clear that I'm on CBS and see the same numbers (FL-1 for Brady when it should be 0). If one CBS league shows it, all leagues will show it that way. They're all using the CBS stats, why would your league be the only one affected?