[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks Packers Game Thread

bushwacked

Worse yet it's week 3 and as competitive as the league seems to be, that one play could be the difference in making the playoffs. That would be a damn shame. One play may not make a difference but one Game could prove Hugh.

Sad to see honestly. Very sad to see.

I guy put it great the other day. It's like going out and buying a Lamborghini, putting all the expensive bells and whistles on it. Stereo, leather, all the extras, then putting the cheapest pair of retread tires on it you can find.

Time to throw some chum into shark infested water, lol.

Could it be said that If the refs hadn't blown the PI call on Chancellor against Finley the TD the Packers scored on that drive would not have been, keeping the game at 7-6. Everything after may have been a moot point. It wasn't the only blown call in the game, obviously the PI against Sherman and the hail mary debacle happened too, but it came first and impacted the score and game at that point.

And important to note, if not for that the Seahawks would have likely only needed a field goal to win.

Edited by NoSupe4You

BS to anyone who says they aren't watching any more football until the real refs are back. NOBODY can look away from this train wreck.

The officials controlled every aspect of the outcome of this game. Sidney Rice commits offensive PI on 2nd and a mile and they call it on the Packers. The Packers make a great INT of Wilson early in the final drive only for a late flag to fly in calling roughing the passer. It's funny how they get worse each week. I feel bad for these replacement refs. The cant even get a no brainer instant replay right to decide the winner of the game.

On a side note, I can't remember a week of football that had so many amazing endings (officiating irrelevant).

The sad fact is, there is no way that the NFL will settle with the Regular Officials after a horrible week of officiating. As Pope pointed out, the Officials have peak leverage with fans and coaches, and players right now. The only thing that will change the situation is for the league to start losing money somehow. I just don't think we are there yet. It might take some concerted effort on the part of the players and coaches to break this stalemate.

FYI to everyone - maybe the scabs on the field got the call wrong, but it was upheld by the guys in the booth, who are on a different contract and are the "regular" refs.

I'm not making any assessment one way or other*, this is just the fact.

You know what gets lost in the bad calls is that Seattle is flat out ballin on Defense. I thought it was us, and it still is after this week but that's three weeks straight the Hawks have been lights out defensively.

I agree. As of August 1st I didn't think the phrase "damn glad we aren't in the NFC West!" would be uttered for about 4-5 yrs, but SF, Az, Sea, and StL are all playing some damn good defense.

As a Packer fan, I don't have problem losing this game to Seattle, they played really well. I have a problem with HOW GB lost the game.

* - actual assessment - someone on the field had a failure of will and didn't want to make the game-deciding call and kicked it up to the booth; unfortunately, someone in the booth felt the same way.

• Like 1

Just saw a thing on ESPN that said that the possession was not reviewable. They can only rule if he was in bounds and if the ball hit the ground. This was from a video from the old official that was in the booth with the announcers. Could explain why it was not overturned at least.

FYI to everyone - maybe the scabs on the field got the call wrong, but it was upheld by the guys in the booth, who are on a different contract and are the "regular" refs.

The booth can only call for a reply, The ref on the field makes the determination and the booth can not overrule him.