[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh man, this is gonna be a disaster!

CaptainHook

They blew a PI call. That's a debacle of epic magnitude? Really?

And the possession call.

You're right no big deal, just cost a team a win they should have gotten. Nevermind, nothing to see here, Hugh One says its no big deal.

It isn't life or death, but it is pretty big in the NFL world. The media overdoes everything. But every NFL fan I've talked to today is appalled and thinks its a pretty big deal.

And the possession call.

Wrong. But thanks for playing. :tup:

What about all the of the other missed calls? Each missed call has a direct impact on the final result of the game. As long as humans are reffing, mistakes will be made, and a bunch of whiners and crybabies will harp on it until they're blue in the face. So harp on little buddy, harp on, don't let me get in your way. :peace:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

They blew a PI call. That's a debacle of epic magnitude? Really?

I would say that it is the sheer amount of bad calls in one game. A game that a very bad call ended up deciding who won and who lost.

No refs are perfect. But I cannot remember any game with the large numbers of eggregious calls being flat out missed/ or compltely wrong, let along 3 terrible calls on one drive. The tuck rule was bad, but that was ONE play, not multiple plays on the same drive.

1.) The PI call on the Seahwaks was bad . .but close enough to be a judgement call.

2.) Giving rodgers a kicking ball was a clear ref screw up

3.) The non-roughting the passer call that negated an INT

4.) the calling PI on green Bay when Rice was interfering with the CB

5.) The non call of PI on tate with an obvious push in the back in clear view of an official.

I am not even getting into the actual "interception/reception", just the really really bad missed/wrong calls. There were others, but not as obvious.

And it overshadowed what was really an awesome defensive battle and a great game. :(

Wrong. But thanks for playing. :tup:

What about all the of the other missed calls? Each missed call has a direct impact on the final result of the game. As long as humans are reffing, mistakes will be made, and a bunch of whiners and crybabies will harp on it until they're blue in the face. So harp on little buddy, harp on, don't let me get in your way. :peace:

blah-blah-blah and yadda-yadda-yadda

:moon:

Edited by stevegrab

No, they've moved on to something else I'm sure ;)

I'm sure the coverage is over the top. But I disagree with bostonsoxandy, hard to blow a debacle of this magnitude out of proportion.

This is getting NATIONAL MEDIA ATTENTION from programs that are for entertainment, not sports. It is the top news story for not just sports, but for the US in general. Everyone is acting like a great injustice has been done. The refs SNICKERSed it up, big deal, let's move on.

This is getting NATIONAL MEDIA ATTENTION from programs that are for entertainment, not sports. It is the top news story for not just sports, but for the US in general. Everyone is acting like a great injustice has been done. The refs SNICKERSed it up, big deal, let's move on.

Apparently it's so important that the President even had to chime in:

President Barack Obama spokesman Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One that the president, an avid sports fan, watched the game and "thinks there was a real problem with that call." Green Bay is in politically important Wisconsin, adding significance to Obama's stance.

"I've been saying for months we've got to get our refs back," Obama said as he returned to the White House from a United Nations appearance in New York.

Who was the poster that said the replacement officials would have no impact on the game. Just wondering.

I said that everyone was playing on a level playing field, it's not like one team is being favored, both teams have to deal with the refs, both teams have bad calls against them.

Apparently it's so important that the President even had to chime in:

Obama will say whatever needs to be said (like any politician obviously) in a swing state like WI, especially since it is still considered a toss-up state. Did the same thing with his Final Four teams, always picked colleges in swing-states. Still shows all this faux-outrage that the media has been fostering in people...the only people who should be angry are Packers fans and GB fans only.

No.... Tebow took a dump today so they switched over for wall to wall coverage

THIS JUST CAME IN....IT SEEMS LIKE WE WILL NEED TO GO TO A DOULBE-CAM HERE, WE DONT DO THIS OFTEN FOLKS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN SHOW YOU TEBOW POST-DUMP REACTION AND THE 4672TH REPLAY OF THE LAST PLAY OF THE SEAHAWKS-PACKERS PLAY. PAY ATTENTION CLOSELY FOLKS

I actually feel sorry for these Refs. Lingerie league? Arena League? Div. 3? H.S.? At least a former Big 12 official made the right no call. Guy that actually signaled TD certainly looked clueless and probably thought the Big 12 ref was signally TD also. I mean why else would another ref raise his hands? Um Ooops.They haven't a clue how fast this game is at this level. No idea. Have ref'd H.S games and also have been lucky enough to be on the sidelines of an NFL game. Sh*t happens in a blink of an eye down there. Mayhem at very high speeds, should NOT be officiated by obviously undertrained officials. It is not football in it's purest and best form right now. It's more akin to a circus.

Trouble is these officials haven't a clue on most PI calls. Especially at this caliber of play. They also tend to be influenced by coaches, players and fans way too much. Me thinks if the game was in GB the call would have been interception. Sad, but true. The inmates are running the asylum and the wardons are fine with it.

This is on the owners head, not Rodg's. He just represents them. Don't hate the player as they say. The apathy the owners have shown towards this problem is disheartning at best. Protecting the Shield huh? Utter B.S.

Oh yeah nice class Golden and Petey. You lose with class and you win with class. Unless you're classless in the first place. Though hey, Wilson may go down in history as the only QB to win a game with an interception. There's something to hang your hats on. And he handled it waaayy better than those two fools.

• Like 1

I am a fan of the Baltimore Orioles. The Jeffrey Maier play still gets my blood boiling . Sometimes you just have to eat an obviously bad call :shrug: what are you gonna do ?

Here's a gif of the play. I don't see how it can remotely be considered that Tate has possession of the ball.

http://cdn.bleacherr....gif?1348545245

Ah, but, I bet you didn't realize that as his knees curled up, one of them made contact with the ball. One hand + One knee over-rules two hands every single time. Please leave this to the professionals.

The Seahawks got screwed out of making the playoffs by the bogus Testaverde helmet TD call. (Was there as much fan outrage then as there is now, or did no one care because it wasn't America's team the Packers it happened to?) Anyway, if I remember right, this led to the creation of the play call review process we have now. So at least something good came out of it. Now, if Tategate were to lead to changes to improve our current review process, would this make you at least feel a little less upset?

The Seahawks got screwed out of making the playoffs by the bogus Testaverde helmet TD call. (Was there as much fan outrage then as there is now, or did no one care because it wasn't America's team the Packers it happened to?) Anyway, if I remember right, this led to the creation of the play call review process we have now. So at least something good came out of it. Now, if Tategate were to lead to changes to improve our current review process, would this make you at least feel a little less upset?

Maybe because this was so badly booted WITh replay that is causes more outrage?

Plus with all the other incredibly bad missed calls through the game it becomes cumulative.