[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell Wilson or Matt Flynn

Scooby's Hubby

I still believe that Matt Flynn would score more points for Seattle than what Russell Wilson. Wilson missed some open guys tonight that would have resulted in scores. Matt Flynn has to be on the sidelines thinking he would do better. I know Seattle is winning, but it is because of the defense, not the QB. What say you Seahawk fans?

Obviously not a Seahawks fan, but I've said this all along. SEA has built a pretty damned good team. Wilson may be a superb QB one day, but Flynn understands the game right now and has proven he can play the game at a high level in regular season games. There's no slight in holding a clipboard for a year or two and letting yourself catch up to the game.

Would Flynn make all the same positive plays as Wilson? Scrambling and getting away from the pass rush?

I thought he looked pretty good. And also wasn't sold on Flynn. While he good be a very good NFL QB, he could also be the next Kolb. Wilson seems to be doing well and Seattle is winning. If I was a fan of the Seahawks I'd be fine with the decision. Of course I'd wish we would have used the money (and other assets) to acquire Flynn on other talent.

I still believe that Matt Flynn would score more points for Seattle than what Russell Wilson. Wilson missed some open guys tonight that would have resulted in scores. Matt Flynn has to be on the sidelines thinking he would do better. I know Seattle is winning, but it is because of the defense, not the QB. What say you Seahawk fans?

So what you are really saying is Orton is better than Tebow.... :thinking:

Would Flynn make all the same positive plays as Wilson? Scrambling and getting away from the pass rush?

I thought he looked pretty good. And also wasn't sold on Flynn. While he good be a very good NFL QB, he could also be the next Kolb. Wilson seems to be doing well and Seattle is winning. If I was a fan of the Seahawks I'd be fine with the decision. Of course I'd wish we would have used the money (and other assets) to acquire Flynn on other talent.

Flynn plays the game differently. His strengths are strong pocket presence, good decision making, and high accuracy. Flynn wouldn't make the plays Wilson does with his legs, but he'd also likely move the team better and with more consistency. Wilson is just making some rookie mistakes.

I don't disagree whatsoever. I actually find it frustrating because as talented as Wilson may be, he looks incredibly raw. I can't fathom that Matt Flynn, with four years experience under Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers, would be arcing and lofting the ball the way Wilson does at times. And it's not like the offense has been super complicated for Wilson. It's basically run-run-pass and the protection in the last couple weeks has been adequate enough where Russell hasn't had to run around much.

What's the bummer is that this team could be darn near dominant with simply average QB play.

I don't disagree whatsoever. I actually find it frustrating because as talented as Wilson may be, he looks incredibly raw. I can't fathom that Matt Flynn, with four years experience under Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers, would be arcing and lofting the ball the way Wilson does at times. And it's not like the offense has been super complicated for Wilson. It's basically run-run-pass and the protection in the last couple weeks has been adequate enough where Russell hasn't had to run around much.

What's the bummer is that this team could be darn near dominant with simply average QB play.

That's how I see it. Now, if I could only catch up to your score in MVP Challenge :oops: ...

The problem last night is it mostly looked to me like RUN-RUN-Run for your life, Russell!

I think Flyn would be much better behind center than Willson. I loved how Wilson was saying that it was his positivity at the end of the game that won them the game. He threw up a prayer and the refs answered it for him

Edited by Croe

I also recall listening to Gruden talk about how guys weren't getting open. Which, considering the fact that their WR crew was among the worst aspects of their team last year and they made no meaningful changes to it, would not surprise me.

And it's only fair to add that Seattle has faced AZ, Dallas, and GB who are ranked 7, 2, and 1 respectively against the pass. Yet, despite this, Wilson has got a passer rating fractionally less than Aaron Rodgers and better than Payton Manning, Drew Brees and a total of 14 QBs currently starting. In fact, of the 5 rookies currently starting for their teams, only RG III is ranked ahead of him. Of course, he's also under the least amount of pressure than the rest of the rooks by virtue of having a solid RB and a D good enough that he doesn't have to do miracles. Nonetheless.

I like both. I happen to believe that Flynn, by virtue of his time in Green Bay is more prepared right now, but that Wilson, who is a very hard worker, is not far behind.

Of course my opinion is worth a hill of beans. I'm a fan, not a coach with daily access to these players.

Wilson looked awesome going into halftime even though he only had 7 points. He made a ton of short, super-accurate throws and capped it all off with the first Tate TD. He admittedly broke down in the second half, but we are 2-1 with a rookie QB having our two wins against two of the best teams in the NFL, and our loss to what is likely a surprise contender.

Wilson is the right guy, but he's going to have his lumps. Carroll has admitted he didn't unleash Wilson because Green Bay is a turnover machine (positive differential). Here's his post-game quote.

Carroll: "Remember, we did not turn the ball over again, and that was the best defense in the NFL taking the ball off of teams last year. ... In the meantime, we're raising a quarterback in the system. We are solid enough as a team to play like this at quarterback right now. It is a struggle for some people to understand that, but we're going to keep moving along and growing and there will be a time when it won't feel exactly like it feels right now. But it's not time."

I, for one, do get it. I'm not saying we need to wait another year to be a contender. This team is built to win right now, and Wilson is winning. It's just not pretty. But the point is it gets better. Starting this week we'll be playing a bad team (sorry Lambs fans) that Wilson should be able to play more comfortably against. It's only going to get better for him as we go.

You all probably stopped reading my wall of text so I'll stop there for now.

I also recall listening to Gruden talk about how guys weren't getting open. Which, considering the fact that their WR crew was among the worst aspects of their team last year and they made no meaningful changes to it, would not surprise me.

And it's only fair to add that Seattle has faced AZ, Dallas, and GB who are ranked 7, 2, and 1 respectively against the pass. Yet, despite this, Wilson has got a passer rating fractionally less than Aaron Rodgers and better than Payton Manning, Drew Brees and a total of 14 QBs currently starting. In fact, of the 5 rookies currently starting for their teams, only RG III is ranked ahead of him. Of course, he's also under the least amount of pressure than the rest of the rooks by virtue of having a solid RB and a D good enough that he doesn't have to do miracles. Nonetheless.

I'm going to quote you on my Facebook page. Well done.

I like both. I happen to believe that Flynn, by virtue of his time in Green Bay is more prepared right now, but that Wilson, who is a very hard worker, is not far behind.

This is spot on. I think Flynn would do a better job of making the correct calls at the line and getting the ball out faster, but the Seahawks really like Wilson as their QB of the future. He's got to get experience somehow, and with him being such a quick learner, they are comfortable enough with him learning on the job right now.

Wondering how SEA faithful are feeling now, in last place in the NFC West despite surrendering the 2nd fewest points in the NFL this season. And I want to emphasize that I hold no animous towards Wilson and am actually quite enthusiastic about his future as a pro QB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I've seen enough. Wilson was electric in pre-season. Now he's skittish and lacks pocket presence. For whatever reason, he can't stand in the pocket and make NFL throws right now on a consistent basis. Any other QB in the NFL should have won the game against the Rams yesterday. Hell, the Hawks might be 4-0 with Tavaris Jackson as our starter right now.

I think it's more likely we would be 4-0 with Flynn then Tavaris Jackson and of course Wilson.

Wilson is a very raw talent. I like him, I just see him as a smaller version of Tavaris Jackson with untapped intangibles an a unknown potential. He could be better then Jackson and Carroll is sure testing to see if that is true.

I hope he's a little better than that.

I think we all knew what Jackson was going to give us, hence the reason why he's not here anymore. To me that's the one thing Wilson has over Jackson. For right now, we don't know what well get from Wilson, just my opinion. I hope he's incredible and is are future QB for many years. I also would have those same feelings if Flynn was playing as are starter. It's just what I've seen so far. I don't know if I can really blame him for all the interceptions versus St. Louis, Falling down and a Deflection, but the zero TD's hurts. It also seemed that once his first read doesn't pan out he would panic I didn't see a lot of progression. He would then turn to the run, take a bad sack or throw the ball away. In his defense his receiver core is not what we would call great. On a positive note, I like what I saw from Turbin, but that's another discussion altogether.