[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone explain to me the current team standings

Cheddar

OK so I'm the commissioner in my league. It's an NFL.com league and the league standings are set to default tie-breaker (head to head). Currently my standings are as follows:

I am trying to figure out why 4h and Sober got moved down to 6th place. The tie breaker is head to head but he hasn't played The Decepticons or Mad Mike. He lost to The Ultimate Destroyers this week and previously he beat Special Sauce and Los Chupa Chubs. He has more overall points than The Decepticons and Mad Mike as well.

Z7QhA.png

http://i.imgur.com/MCQr3.png[/img]

Edited by Cheddar

What is the record of all of the 2-1 teams against each other?

That is how the head to head record tiebreaker is calculated.

I would be willing to guess that the teams ranked 2 thru 4 are all either 2-0 or 1-0 against the teams that are 2-1 (thus a 1.000 H2H win percent), Mad Mike is 1-1 (a .500 H2H win pct.) and then 4th and Sober and Needs more cowbell are 0-1 (a 0.000 H2H win pct.)

4th and Sober's games against Special Sauce and Los Chupa Chubs are not counted as they are not 2-1.

This illustrates one of several reasons why H2H is not a very good tiebreak option in fantasy football, as it is a very poor indicator of who the better teams actually are.

Whats the best Tie Breaker? Points For?

Best tiebreaker is debateable (and I'm sure some would/could argue for head to head), but in my opinion, points scored is a better indicator of what team was better over the course of the season. It is kind of a metric that ignores the scheduling luck factor and rewards the team that actually did best at the point of the game, which is to score the most points.

Best tiebreaker is debateable (and I'm sure some would/could argue for head to head), but in my opinion, points scored is a better indicator of what team was better over the course of the season. It is kind of a metric that ignores the scheduling luck factor and rewards the team that actually did best at the point of the game, which is to score the most points.

Agree that is what we use and have eliminated use of H2H for breaking ties.

This. Clearly. Our first tiebreaker is total points, and our second is total points against (strength of schedule). Head-to-head doesn't make sense to me when the teams can't actually play each other on the field.

Another vote for total points. H2H head is great if you actually have any control over how your team does against a specific opponent. Like in the real game. But not in FF. In fact, playing head to head format in general is a flawed system that simply wins out because it's the most interesting, but hardly the most "fair". So, at very least, you should not compound this by also using that as your primary tie-breaker.

• Like 1