[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Round Quarterbacks

LvilleSlugger

Out of three leagues, I went QB first in two of them and they are sitting at 1-2. In the other, I had 1st pick and took Foster, then grabbed Matt Ryan a few rounds later. That team is 3-0 and leading in points. A popular strategy this year was to grab one of the big 3 QBs in the first round, so how are those teams doing right now?

A lot of people saw a pass-friendly league and QBs got pushed very high. What they didn't anticipate was the replacements calling the game so differently IMO. I suspect once the old refs return, we'll see a game called more in line with last year and those QBs will have better stats within 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately half the fantasy season may be over by then...

Surprisingly I'm 3-0 and grabbed Brady 6th overall. Draft went Rodgers Brees (idk why) McCoy foster rice Brady MJD

Was weighing Brady or MJD but was nervous due to the hold out. Followed that up with gronk in the 2nd and Andre Johnson in the third. Started season with turner and fjax penciled in as starting rbs. Fortunately I drafted spiller. I was also able to grab leshoure off waivers an trade for quizz and Antonio brown (drafted tony gonz so I figured i could move him for turner insurance).

On one hand I feel lucky to be the only undefeated team left but on the other hand Brady and gronk haven't exploded whatsoever. I went into this season thinking that the combo would win me 3-4 games alone so I feel I'm in great shape.

Team started off as Brady freeman turner fjax spiller d Wilson rashad Jennings Andre bowe vjax garçon meachem gronk Gonzalez

Now team is Brady freeman turner quizz fjax spiller mendy leshoure Andre ant brown garçon vjax meachem gronk fdavis

Thought my 12 teamer was better and I wen rb rb to start draft. I'm 1-2 in that league

I did it in two leagues (Rodgers), and am 2-1. I went WR heavy after that, then picked over the corpse for running backs. My WRs have been a bigger disappointment, to be honest. Not really a breakout game yet from any of them.

However, I think this is all about to change. GB hosts NO next week. I think they will generate some momentum there, and these two teams will be OK going forward.

Unless, the scab refs all bet the under on that game, then SNICKERS it all.

I backed up Rodgers with Big Ben and I'm waiting for a good game from Rodgers to sell. Big Ben is going to be pushing top QB stats this year as a result of no running game.

You could be right, and I'm happy to say that in the other two leagues I have Ben and Matty Ice...both drafted much later.

Out of three leagues, I went QB first in two of them and they are sitting at 1-2. In the other, I had 1st pick and took Foster, then grabbed Matt Ryan a few rounds later. That team is 3-0 and leading in points. A popular strategy this year was to grab one of the big 3 QBs in the first round, so how are those teams doing right now?

Had the first pick and did the same thing, Foster-Ryan-AJ Green then Jamaal Charles and Steve Smith

Only undefeated team and leading the league in points. I basically believe that Ryan is last year's Stafford, the QB you get later and am able to hang with all the other QBs.

I think at this point it's too early to tell. I base half my success so far on matchups and luck alone. Fjax and turner have not done anything...in a year that many say you need to hoard rbs I'm 3-0 thanks to spiller and leshoure. And as I said Brady and gronk haven't blown up yet (assuming that they will of course). I faced the Rodgers owner this week (he also owns lynch) was up 36 pts and luckily neither of them put up huge numbers and I got the w. it all comes down to matchups week to week, and luck....btw our league Rodgers owner is 0-3. He has lynch Reggie bush niners d and Jennings at wr. On paper he shouldn't be 0-3 but what can ya do

Had the first pick and did the same thing, Foster-Ryan-AJ Green then Jamaal Charles and Steve Smith

Only undefeated team and leading the league in points. I basically believe that Ryan is last year's Stafford, the QB you get later and am able to hang with all the other QBs.

Wow - you have my team, but I am in a 16 team league. I went Foster, Matt Ryan, Aj Green and it differs from there due to the size of the league. I am 3-0 and lead the league in points.

What is your record? I really think its hit or miss. But I do think its common that if you got Rodgers 1st overall or so chances are you have a losing record

3-0, 4 QB's were picked in 1st rd in my 10tm league, Brees, Rodgers, Cam, Brady....only Rodgers is 3-0 as well (we are remaining 2 undefeated)

Edited by LbNiners

Yeah so that goes against what I've commonly seen and that's the Rodgers owner (if they picked him 1 overall) being near the bottom....I think it's more matchup related than anything. Guy in my league was 2-0 had Jamal Charles go off an lost. Ended w the second high score this week. So it all depends I guess

i have two leagues, got Brady with 5th overall in one and Stafford in 2nd round (McCoy first) in the other one. Needless to say I took F-Jax with Brady so that team is 0-3 and the Stafford one is 1-2 after a close win last week. Thank God I traded for Brees today so things are looking up

This thread needs scoring context. That should dictate draft order.

I'm in two leagues with 6pts per TD. Therefore QB are gold! Stand 3-0 in both leagues.

I took Brees at #7 and came back around with JCharles in next round; McFadden fell to me at #11 followed by Stafford in the other. Fortunate to get A.J. Green in the 3rd in both.

With the exception of Brees, injuries will claim every other player mentioned. Happy for the quick start.