[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This trade just got accepted..But is this a lopsided trade for me to approve?

robert terni

PPR league

Team A trades Doug Martin Desean Jackson and Jets def for Garcon Kendall Hunter and Seattle def? Thoughts? I never decline trades but this seems weird...TEAM As rbs are Sproles spiller martin...and u have to start 2 rbs..spillers hurt so now he only has 1 rb..?? His WRs are Nelson, roddy white and dez bryant already so is it necessary to trade for garcon??

Edited by robert terni

Let managers run their team....no veto unless you prove collusion. Collusion is the only reason to veto a trade. If there is no proof of that then you don't veto. Assuming someone is stupid is not a reason to veto a trade.

It's not THAT bad of a trade. But the real issue here is your role. IMO, you never veto trades unless you find the owners in bed colluding while canoodling. Let owners reach their respective levels of incompetence independently, Your wisdom should never come into play.

any league with a 165$ entry fee is bound to have problems like that. make the fee an even 150 or 200 and less weirdos trying to do CHIPS AHOY!ty trades will win. or maybe make it 159.99$ for early birds

Clearly he feels that Doug Martin is on the downslide so he's selling high for Garcon who was a week 1 stud that should return soon.

My guess for his RB situation is that he feels he's gonna get a player off the waiver or he has another trade planned.

SO no you shouldn't veto this because although it doesn't make sense to you, its not incredibly lopsided.

Edited by Cheddar

It sounds to me like a lot of redraft leagues would be better off banning trades all together.

I am in the camp that thinks lopsided trades should be vetoed for the integrity of the league.

Who decides which trades are lopsided and which are not? Are they allowed to be a little lopsided? Who decides when a trade is too lopsided? What does "the integrity of the league" even mean?

Edited by Papajohn

A litte lopsided fine. A lot lopsided hurts a league. But yes, many commishes or leagues or incapable of carrying this out fairly. So maybe allowing all trades is more practical. I have seen more fair trades questioned or vetoed than I've seen lopsides trades.

I have been riunning my league for over 10 years and I can tell you that looking back on what you would call a lopsided trade often turns out much different than you would predict. Unless you can prove one team is trying to stack another, you never veto a trade. To me, THAT is definition of league integrity. Who are you to decide what is lopsided and what is not? It has nothing to do with a commish's capability of carrying out this practice fairly. You are essentially saying you can predict the future, therefore, you must be some kind of psychic or even some kind of diety. If that is the case, by all means, protect the integrity of the league by preventing your owners from making decisions for themselves. Otherwise, let the guys play the game. If you have owners that you suspect may be capable of collusion, it may be time to find some new owners.

• Like 1

A litte lopsided fine. A lot lopsided hurts a league. But yes, many commishes or leagues or incapable of carrying this out fairly. So maybe allowing all trades is more practical. I have seen more fair trades questioned or vetoed than I've seen lopsides trades.

Define a little lopsided. Taking your opinion and speculation out, define it. Even better, define "a lot".