[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers - perfect time to trade for him?

BS Miscreant

Rodgers just began the year facing 3 of the toughest Ds(SF, CHI, SEA) in the league and so is clearly underperforming. Looking at the bulk of their remaining schedule I see a hugh increase in production as the season progresses and believe we'll see numbers closer to what we are used to from him down the road.

Remaining schedule for the Pack (weeks 4 - 16)

NO

@IND

@HOU

@STL

JAC

ARI

BYE

@DET

@NYG

MIN

DET

@CHI

TEN

I would think this interesting to anyone looking to upgrade but it is particularly so to me because the Rodgers owner in my league also has Flacco whose numbers are dwarfing Rodgers right now.

Ripe for the picking I'm thinking. Just need to move soon.

Rodgers just began the year facing 3 of the toughest Ds(SF, CHI, SEA) in the league and so is clearly underperforming. Looking at the bulk of their remaining schedule I see a hugh increase in production as the season progresses and believe we'll see numbers closer to what we are used to from him down the road.

Remaining schedule for the Pack (weeks 4 - 16)

NO

@IND

@HOU

@STL

JAC

ARI

BYE

@DET

@NYG

MIN

DET

@CHI

TEN

I would think this interesting to anyone looking to upgrade but it is particularly so to me because the Rodgers owner in my league also has Flacco whose numbers are dwarfing Rodgers right now.

Ripe for the picking I'm thinking. Just need to move soon.

agreed

his o-line is bad and from what I have watched, he is getting poor WR play as well. I only have two redraft leagues, and I took him in the first round of both -- but I am sort of regretting it at this point. he'll be good but nothing like last year IMO, unless things turn around dramatically for that whole offense.

You gotta wonder if a combination of teams figuring them out (not completely, but perhaps more than before) with the replacement refs potentially not flagging more physical play might spell a tough season for the Packers. Think about Mike Martz and the greatest show on turf. After a few years, it wasn't nearly as effective. Is it possible that we are seeing a similar beginning of the end for McCarthy's offense? IMO, their best bet to win is to become less predictable, run more with CedBen to keep defenses honest, and bring back the screen game to slow down aggressive pass rushing teams like Seattle. Martz' system relied on stellar offensive line play so the receivers had time to run their routes. When that play deteriorated, so did his system as a whole. Just look at Jay Cutler... Martz was a colossal failure in Chicago because they had arguably the worst offensive line in the league during his whole tenure. The Packers have issues on their line, so any team with a remote pass rush is probably going to get them out of sync.

So in short, this might be a buy low period for Rodgers, but dont be surprised if his normalized play with an easier schedule doesn't result in the same production as last year.

I think he can be bought low

I highly doubt it. Someone drafted him #1, and if they were smart enough to do that, they are also smart enough to look at his schedule and know he has some cupcakes coming up.

I agree it would be nice to get him on your team now if possible....but I would guess in 99% of trades, you are going to have to give equal value to get him.

I highly doubt it. Someone drafted him #1, and if they were smart enough to do that, they are also smart enough to look at his schedule and know he has some cupcakes coming up.

This. I took him in both of my locals, I'd trade anyone anytime, but it's gonna have to be a sweet deal for me at this point

Thinking of offering RGIII for Rodgers.

I would chuckle if I recieved this offer

I agree it would be nice to get him on your team now if possible....but I would guess in 99% of trades, you are going to have to give equal value to get him.

Absolutely 100% correct.