[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foster/Tate owners - anyone starting both?

MTSuper7

I recently saw the Huddle weekly projections, so I got curious. Who are you starting Tate over? I'm leaning Tate over Sproles and Ridley. To me, if the matchup is right, I'd rather get all the work from that backfield (despite the risk that the junior partner in this situation could end up doing very little).

What about the rest of you? (And this isn't an advice question, more a curiosity of the perceived risk/reward of having your eggs in one basket. No need to tell me I should or shouldn't make that decision.)

Been starting them both every week since week 1 in a BoTH league here and I'm 3-0. As a said earlier in the season/preseason and a well known Huddler disagreed, Tate has his own value. It may be hit or miss and certainly less than Foster's, but it's there.

Edited by irish

I own Foster/Tate in one BoTH league. Unless we hear something definite about whether Michael Bush will start Monday night, I'm probably going to start Tate too for the first time this season.

I own Foster/Tate in one BoTH league. Unless we hear something definite about whether Michael Bush will start Monday night, I'm probably going to start Tate too for the first time this season.

I'd start Bush over Tate. Bush is a decent start because of his potential to get a touchdown each week. Plus, Forte won't be used heavily IMO since he's just back.

This is definitely a good week to start Tate or both RBs if you have the Foster/Tate combo.

I can't believe the Foster owner let Tate sit around so long in one of my larger leagues. I grabbed him since I really only had one competent RB (McCoy) ... and only need to start one. I've been using Tate in lieu of WR in the flex spot and his 9.5 ppg suit me just fine.

Once Foster wears down, Tate could be good for 20+ per.

I think Foster gets 20/100/2 this week, and in mop-up, Tate could get 15/80/1 quite easily.

The appeal of starting Tate as a Foster owner is the guarantee that you get all of the rushing yards and scores (barring a Schaub rushing TD). In situations where Houston plays a lousy run D, Id consider Tate a strong RB2. I haven't decided for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to bench two of Ridley, Martin and Sproles to make room for Tate.

I recently saw the Huddle weekly projections, so I got curious. Who are you starting Tate over? I'm leaning Tate over Sproles and Ridley. To me, if the matchup is right, I'd rather get all the work from that backfield (despite the risk that the junior partner in this situation could end up doing very little).

What about the rest of you? (And this isn't an advice question, more a curiosity of the perceived risk/reward of having your eggs in one basket. No need to tell me I should or shouldn't make that decision.)

Depending on who else is on your roster, there is nothing wrong with it as long as you are scoring more points than you would have without doing it. Sure, it isn't a traditional ...but in the end it is just scoring the most points as possible.

Not sure this is pertinent, but JUM (god I miss him) tweeted today that Foster has 90 touches after 3 weeks. At this rate, he's going to be over 400 by week 15.

Tate is going to have to start to get more work - or they are going to kill Arian.

I have neither player.

I miss him too, really pissed me off I didnt know about that.

Starting Tate over McGahee and Hawkins in the flex in 1 league. Benching him in another for Sproles and the Law Firm.

Interesting I don't own both Foster but do have Tate and am still planning to start McGahee over him (along with Law Firm, other options are Ingram and the speculative Bilal Powell). Giving that some more consideration. McGahee is supposed to play, but is in a late game and I'm then stuck with Ingram if I have to swap. :thinking: