[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good example of how much the league really cares about player safety

rajncajn

We humor you for 2 pages of you screaming double standard after you call us hypocritical Dbags, and now you're going to act like you want objective debate?

Rajn, I like and respect you as an opposing fan, I really do, but I'm just gonna have to ignore you until you get over this Goodell/Saints thing. You can't even be reasoned with anymore when you get set on some perceived unfairness. There's no double standard here. Listen to Croe if you don't want to listen to me or Az's hypocritcal Dbag asses.

Peace.

There's quite a difference between having an active, objective debate and just dismissing someone's opinion because you think they have ulterior motives as you still obviously do. Croe, on the other hand, actually came in and posted a differing opinion and framed it in a way that was neither condescending nor attacking and also made an attempt to find some common ground between our opinions. It's a bit easier to have a discussion with someone who is willing to listen & not make assumptions. I am sorry that I got a little fed up and flew off the handle a bit. I don't think I'm the only one at fault for that, but it won't happen again from my side. Admittedly It seems my skin has grown a little thinner over the past couple of months.

There's quite a difference between having an active, objective debate and just dismissing someone's opinion because you think they have ulterior motives as you still obviously do. Croe, on the other hand, actually came in and posted a differing opinion and framed it in a way that was neither condescending nor attacking and also made an attempt to find some common ground between our opinions. It's a bit easier to have a discussion with someone who is willing to listen & not make assumptions. I am sorry that I got a little fed up and flew off the handle a bit. I don't think I'm the only one at fault for that, but it won't happen again from my side. Admittedly It seems my skin has grown a little thinner over the past couple of months.

That's completely and total BS and you know it. Hell, anyone who reads the thread can see that.

Throughout the thread I politely gave my reasoning for my view, which was abundantly similar to what Croe was arguing.

Despite you flinging insults at me and others, I kept my cool and was never condescending like you were towards me, but I did add the aside that I think you're biased, because well, it's pretty damn clear to anyone that you're trying to make a point about some double-standard about league safety as it relates to the punishment for the Saints. Why else would you be starting a thread like this?

And just stop acting like you're being misrepresented or attacked. In nearly every instance people are just trying to reason with you as you refuse to listen, and continue with an ever-evolving convenient gotcha argument to try to discredit Goodell any way you can. It's gotten beyond old, and I don't appreciate you dragging us through the mud with you because you're still butt-hurt about it.

Sorry man, I tried to remain objective and polite, but you're the one who's being "f'n ridiculous"

Edited by delusions of grandeur

That's completely and total BS and you know it. Hell, anyone who reads the thread can see that.

Throughout the thread I politely gave my reasoning for my view, which was abundantly similar to what Croe was arguing.

Despite you flinging insults at me and others, I kept my cool and was never condescending like you were towards me, but I did add the aside that I think you're biased, because well, it's pretty damn clear to anyone that you're trying to make a point about some double-standard about league safety as it relates to the punishment for the Saints. Why else would you be starting a thread like this?

And just stop acting like you're being misrepresented or attacked. In nearly every instance people are just trying to reason with you as you refuse to listen, and continue with an ever-evolving convenient gotcha argument to try to discredit Goodell any way you can. It's gotten beyond old, and I don't appreciate you dragging us through the mud with you because you're still butt-hurt about it.

Sorry man, I tried to remain objective and polite, but you're the one who's being "f'n ridiculous"

Your very first response to me accused me of reaching & Az's comment didn't help. Like I said, I flew off the handle a bit & I apologize for that. The fact that you still point to a perceived bias about the Saints only proves to me that you came in from the start taking that into account, which I took a bit of offense to. Whether I am upset about the Saints situation or not, it's still a valid topic and I think I still made some valid points. Points that are being echoed on a national level, not just by Saints fans. I didn't think that the subject was so far-fetched as you were making it out to be. I was listening to a discussion on the topic Tuesday on the Scott Van Pelt show & he expressed the same view as I had, but because I'm a biased Saints fan my position is laughable. So yes, that really did rub me the wrong way.

But as I admitted, my skin has grown a bit thin as a result of the past couple of months and it won't happen again.