[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beanie Wells to the IR

otis29

Who becomes RWilliams early down handcuff while Wells is down?

I'm not sure the Arizona backfiled is really a handcuff-worthy situation, but yes, my money would be on Stephens-Howling if Williams went down.

As a dynasty owner of Williams with a desperate RB situation, this is great news, but he still has a lot to prove to be a weekly starter. 2 fumbles in his first 2 weeks, and if he keeps doing that, Howlings might turn it into a RBBC at best sooner than later.

I'm not sure the Arizona backfiled is really a handcuff-worthy situation, but yes, my money would be on Stephens-Howling if Williams went down.

As a dynasty owner of Williams with a desperate RB situation, this is great news, but he still has a lot to prove to be a weekly starter. 2 fumbles in his first 2 weeks, and if he keeps doing that, Howlings might turn it into a RBBC at best sooner than later.

I am thinking you are correct about the handcuff-worthyness of the situation. Stephens-Howling is 5' 7'' and 180 pounds...not exactly the right fit for early down work. Problem is...Powell and ASmith are nobody's. Perhaps the Cards go to the veteran free agent market and grab something off the heap.

While I am a happy RWilliams owner today...his fumbling problems and gimpy knee scare me. Wanted to know if someone had a clearer picture on how the Cards might backstop RW while Beanie is out.

Excited about plugging him in as my flex this week after drafting him and hanging on to this point especially with FJax going down week 1. Don't love the match-up but I'm with nelsosi... with their D, their O should get many minutes on the pitch this Sunday. Hopefully that means many touches for Williams this weekend and going forward..

Now if only Gore could start acting old and beat up again I could make use of both my late-round RBs.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Williams to the I.R. per Roto:

Ryan Williams will require surgery on his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.

It's a rough blow for increasingly one of the league's most tough-luck players. Williams suffered the injury in last Thursday night's loss to the Rams. William Powell figures to be the favorite for carries in Arizona's backfield until Beanie Wells (turf toe) gets back in Week 12 or 13, although Powell is coming off a "head" injury. La'Rod Stephens-Howling and Alfonso Smith will also be in the mix for carries behind an offensive line that opens no holes. Williams will enter the 2013 season having not been a legitimately productive rusher since 2009, his redshirt freshman season at Virginia Tech. After also missing all of 2011 with a ruptured patellar tendon, Williams' long-term outlook is all sorts of cloudy.