[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bilal Powell - will be the starter by week 7?

euphy

:lol: Man, you guys sure do make Grimes look tempting. But I'm certainly not going to give up on Chris Johnson or Jon Baldwin that easily. Nor will I dump Daniel Thomas with Bush's injury history. Maybe another week or two after we get a clearer picture of the Jets situation, but for right now I'm holding off. Powell was already scooped up this week & not by the Greene owner. If there's even a glimmer there after this week that Greene and/or Powell aren't going to cut it then I'll bet Grimes won't be on the wire for much longer in any leagues.

This is good stuff here - thanks DMD and BB for the insight. This Grimes kid looks like a nice deep sleeper. I'm thinking that he can sit on the wire until at least week 6 with SF and HOU next up for the Jets. That should give me some time to decide if I want to keep Daryl Richardson and Hillis rostered or move on.

Picking up Powell would have required actively choosing to own a piece of the Jets offense, something I told myself I wouldn't do. I already ignored that once, after week 1, when I took a flyer on Hill. Had enough sense not to start him, mind you, but was then reminded why I wanted no part of that mess and waived him for AZ D.

I would never cut a starter for Grimes, but I did drop Josh Morgan as I am deep at WR and he has not proven anything. Again, this is just for a flyer. I am 99% sure that Grimes will be mediocre at best and will cut him at the end of the year. But the joy, for me, in FF is finding that diamond in the rough before anyone else and either riding him to the playoffs or dumping him on someone else who is looking to rebuild and will give up a proven veteran. So I am all in on Grimes.....for now!

• Like 1