[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 games in 18 days!

detlef

I am so sick of hearing what a death sentance it's been for Baltimore to play 4 games in 18 days. And I've heard it echoed by no less than a half dozen talking heads this week.

"4 games in 18 days! The schedule makers sure didn't do Baltimore any favors to start the year."

The feat looks a bit less amazing when you take into account that Cleveland had all of 19 days to spread the same amount of work over, by virtue of playing on Sunday, rather than Monday, nearly 3 freaking weeks ago. A feat that will be repeated by the Rams, Cards, Titans, Niners, and Seahawks over the next several weeks.

I am so sick of hearing what a death sentance it's been for Baltimore to play 4 games in 18 days. And I've heard it echoed by no less than a half dozen talking heads this week.

"4 games in 18 days! The schedule makers sure didn't do Baltimore any favors to start the year."

The feat looks a bit less amazing when you take into account that Cleveland had all of 19 days to spread the same amount of work over, by virtue of playing on Sunday, rather than Monday, nearly 3 freaking weeks ago. A feat that will be repeated by the Rams, Cards, Titans, Niners, and Seahawks over the next several weeks.

Most teams play 3 games in 15 days, assuming 3 straight Sunday games. Looking at that and the number of TNF games, you're right BFD. Espeicially since many teams will have to play Sunday (1, 4, 8PM) and then again Thursday that week.

They were tired, and a little moreso since they played on Sunday night and are an older team. But they also didn't have to travel. Had they played on the west coast on SNF, then had to play on the road again (say NE or MIA) that required significant travel I'd say the schedule makers really screwed them, but they were at home and never had to leave between SNF & TNF.

They make it sound worse than it is, and when you realize everybody plays 2 games in 8 days or 3 in 15, 4 in 18 isn't that much. Basically every TNF game is a game on a half week rest/practice, instead of a full week. Can be compounded by playing on SNF or MNF the game prior to TNF.

Doesn't every team pretty much play 4 games in 21 games across 4 sundays..

Yes. Amazing what a little math can do...

I still think playing Sunday night followed by Thursday night is a little much, but not the apocalypse it's being made out to be.