[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones

Joose

So painful....not sure what to do with him at this point. Gotta keep starting him, I guess. But a goose egg? Could have started ANYBODY else on my team, even to get SOME points...yuck.

Theres still a quarter to go and Panthers are keeping it close. WRs can disappear all game and then put up stats. It happens plenty.

I started him, Pitta and Megabomb today. total 7.7 points.

How can I blame myself for drafting and starting this lineup? I refuse to be accountable for this mess.

I want my money back from the huddle on giving me that draft cheat sheet at the beginning of the year.

Just kidding.

:fool:

rookie mistake with his footwork right there...

Yep, has to know where his feet are, and if he keeps his balance it would have been 6.

Don't know what was up with Julio today though. He really wasn't playing with much intensity at all, and just letting them take him out of the game.

Roddy Takes the home games, Julio gets the road games

Julio's Career Stats Away: 9 games 51 rec 919 yards 8 TDs

Julio's Career Stats @ Home: 8 Games 19 rec 259 yards 3 TDs

I commented to someone just this morning that benching Julio in home games may become a trend soon.

Roddy Takes the home games, Julio gets the road games

Julio's Career Stats Away: 9 games 51 rec 919 yards 8 TDs

Julio's Career Stats @ Home: 8 Games 19 rec 259 yards 3 TDs

Weird but true. And really very consistent. Roddy White is the opposite.

WRs are inherently Russian Roulette as far as consistent fantasy production goes anyways. There are always exceptions, but when you draft a Julio Jones/Roddy White, Victor Cruz/Hakeem Nicks...you should extra prepare yourself for boom and bust weeks.

Has anyone who took a WR early satisfied with high end consistent production? I know I'm not.

Edited by bushwacked

you are referring to the 2012 season, right?

Has anyone who took a WR early satisfied with high end consistent production? I know I'm not.

I took Randy Moss in the first round the season he broke the TD record.

He's frustrating for sure, especially considering he was probably one of our earlier picks. Almost rage-traded him away over the weekend but my matchup ended up being a blow-out loss regardless of his production. WR performances have been up and down for most this season fantasy-wise. There's a handful, at least in PPR, that are relatively reliable. The thing is, those guys may not normally lose you games, but they probably won't win you any either. Maybe one break-out game if you're lucky.

Week 5 looks like a game Julio is primed to blow up for - Away against a bad WAS defense. Also take a look at this playoffs schedule. He's worth hanging on to.

Meh - as mentioned earlier, WRs can be boom-and-bust, especially in non-PPR. I have been fortunate on all three of my teams to have had a good balance of boom with busts. In my main local, for example, I have Jones, Antonio Brown, and Dwayne Bowe (2 WR and a Flex start) and at least one of these three has put up stellar points in each of the first four weeks.

I see Jones as a very strong WR2 with weeks where he will amaze. However, his low numbers this week helped me lose a game I should have won, though (GULP) benching Willis McGahee for Ryan Mathews was the bonehead move of the week for me.