[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones

Joose

:lol: It was one game.

I also forgot he tore the webbing in his hand last week, so they didn't target him much until Carolina started keeping it close. Then he had 4 or 5 targets.

If Ryan throws that deep ball where he can stay in bounds (and if he does his footwork a little better he has another 50 yards) he would have had a long TD. He was also targeted in the redzone at least once.

The overreaction of some is just comedy. Go ahead if you wanna trade a guy who's capable of multiple scores a week for fringe WR1-2s.

• Like 1

Julio Jones hand still not 100%

The right hand laceration Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones suffered at San Diego in Week 3 didn’t prevent him from finishing that game or playing Sunday against Carolina.

But the injury has hindered Jones from having the kind of big-play impact expected from the second-year receiver. As Jones’ hand heals, offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter expects him to be more involved in the offense and capitalize on more chances than he did during Atlanta’s victory against Carolina on Sunday.

“Absolutely,” Koetter said today. “He still had eight targets. That’s a fair number; it just didn’t work out. Eight targets and one catch is not a good percentage. Julio’s hand is not 100 percent. Credit him for playing and running his routes hard.

“But there’s no doubt, [as] we’ve seen him in some earlier games this year, when he’s 100 percent he will be even more effective.”

Even with Jones hindered by the cut on his hand Sunday, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan passed for 369 yards on 40 attempts with three touchdowns. The passing game was elevated by Roddy White’s big plays against Carolina’s aggressive defense and the 60-yard TD catch by running back Michael Turner, who’s rarely used as a receiver.

“Thank goodness you have Roddy there to pick up the slack,” Koetter said. “Roddy was phenomenal.”

:lol: It was one game.

I also forgot he tore the webbing in his hand last week, so they didn't target him much until Carolina started keeping it close. Then he had 4 or 5 targets.

If Ryan throws that deep ball where he can stay in bounds (and if he does his footwork a little better he has another 50 yards) he would have had a long TD. He was also targeted in the redzone at least once.

The overreaction of some is just comedy. Go ahead if you wanna trade a guy who's capable of multiple scores a week for fringe WR1-2s.

Seriously. Trade him away fellas. I'm still starting him every week with confidence.

Every WR will put up duds from time to time. Let Roddy blow up and give Julio a little more breathing room and he will be right back up there. Julio is a FREAK and I'm not worried.

Matt Ryan has achieved stud status this year and both Julio and Roddy could end up being solid WR1s

Edited by awahl63

Seriously. Trade him away fellas. I'm still starting him every week with confidence.

Every WR will put up duds from time to time. Let Roddy blow up and give Julio a little more breathing room and he will be right back up there. Julio is a FREAK and I'm not worried.

Matt Ryan has achieved stud status this year and both Julio and Roddy could end up being solid WR1s

You may be right by seasons end statistically but owning Julio in that offense his frustrating.. A true boom/bust type player. Roddy in a ppr is $$, Julio will command major attention in the secondary and I see that trend to continue. Injured or not Julio should have torched that panthers defense. I love the guy and over spent for him in my auction draft. The past 3 weeks I was receiving constant offers for him, I finally sold. Due to my record and injuries I had too. Def a hold unless your in dire straights like I am.

Personally I'm going to lose it if this Home/Road game pattern becomes a real thing. I DO expect Julio to have a big game this weekend though regardless.

Logical thinking says that defenses aren't going to keep trying to shut down Julio and continue to let Roddy burn them, right?

• Like 1

Julio will always be doubled.. No one wants to give up the big play. Thus roddy and gonzo doing well

You're right. Roddy is incapable of big plays. Better trade Julio right now.

SELL SELL SELL!!!

Edited by awahl63